Did you mean: 

Device Independent Bitmap only 8Bit Color

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
xinxirong
1578 Views, 5 Replies

Device Independent Bitmap only 8Bit Color

1.I Open a JPG image with mspaint,and Ctrl+C copy all,pasteSpec to CAD as Device Independent Bitmap(or Bitmap meta File),it show that the image color has converted to 8bit,why this happend with  cad2008/2013/2014?

And then i test it on 2020,it ok,no convert.is there any system variable i have changed?

2.my jpg sizes is 84kB,but when i save the dwg in 2020,the dwg File is 6.8M,how to reduce the dwg File sizes?In 2008,the dwg File size is 780kB,but the image get blured.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: xinxirong

Hi,

>> it show that the image color has converted to 8bit

Use the IMAGEQUALITY command to control image quality.

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
xinxirong
in reply to: imadHabash

IMAGEQUALITY is alway "High", but the image is still blur.When I zoom in ,it seem better,When zoom out,it seen bad.

Image1 is paste from word,but dwg File is large,Image2 is screenshot of Image1,and pasteSpe as Device Independent Bitmap.

upload.png

Message 4 of 6
xinxirong

zoom in is much better

zoom in.png

Message 5 of 6
imadHabash

maybe it's a visual issue depends on your visual display card . if you try from  -GRAPHICSCONFIG command to disable hardware acceleration , any changes ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
xinxirong
in reply to: imadHabash

Nothing changes.

but if I _insertobj  as Brush ,it work OK, and file sizes can reduce as the pixels reduce.

Maybe this is the answer,but it's Complicated to operate _insertobj,and   Iwant to know why "Device Independent Bitmap" is blur when zoom out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta