Did you mean: 

Customize floating bars

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Darwin33
793 Views, 13 Replies

Customize floating bars

I am trying to customize my screen. I set up the properties and layer bars on the left side of the screen, on the upper side I set the properties and below the layer bar. I lock their position and apparently everything works fine. But when I restart the autocad they switch their position, the layer bar comes to the upper side and the properties goes to the lower side. 

What is it hapening?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Darwin33

Hi,

I guess you can't control this as these types of palettes are loaded in a predefined order, and the first loaded palette is above the other.

Sorry, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 14
Johanna_Esteban

Hello

@Darwin33

It's posibble!!

Now that you have it ready, go to the gear that is in the lower right part of the screen and click "SAVE CURRENT AS", give a name to your work area and... ready!

Save current asSave current asSave current asSave current as

Now, if you need to change it to model 3d for example, in the same gear you change it and modeling without fear of losing the one you just ordered. You can return to it whenever you want, keep in mind that if you want to modify it by moving a toolbar, add or remove, you must save it again or it will preload as far as you saved.
The level of personalization of AutoCAD is fantastic, if you want to tell you more tricks, tell me !.

I leave a screencast to show you quickly.

Screeencast: SAVE WORKSPACE

Regards,

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Autodesk Expert Elite | Autodesk Certified Professional | AutoCAD Customer Council (Beta Tester for Windows & Mac)

¿Te ha parecido útil este post? ¡Dame Kudos! 😉
Si ha sido resuelta tu inquietud, selecciona 'Marcar como solución' para que otros usuarios la encuentren fácilmente.

Message 4 of 14

Hi,

It would be glad if that really works, I have played with that some years ago (to hold our developed palettes "under control") and it was not possible to change the order of the upper and lower docked one.

But lets see ...  currently we (at least I) can't see your video.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 14

Hi @Alfred.NESWADBA

I edited my message by attaching the video.

I have been able to customize it enough, especially with the small toolbars that leave me a lot of free space, as far as I have seen the ribbon can also be customized, I would have to practice a little more with that to see how far I can go.

Could you confirm if you can watch the video, please?

Thanks, regards.

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Autodesk Expert Elite | Autodesk Certified Professional | AutoCAD Customer Council (Beta Tester for Windows & Mac)

Si ha sido resuelta tu inquietud, selecciona 'Marcar como solución' para que otros usuarios la encuentren fácilmente.

Message 6 of 14

Hi,

from my understanding the OP did not ask for positions of toolbars, he was asking for the palettes.

He showed in his screenshot the 2 palettes "layer property manager" and the "properties palette", both docked to the left side and the position, which one is the upper one, which one the lower one, should be controlled.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 14

Yeah, apply the same. Check this please.

@Darwin33 said:
"...I set up the properties and layer bars on the left side of the screen, on the upper side I set the properties and below the layer bar. I lock their position and apparently everything works fine. But when I restart the autocad they switch their position, the layer bar comes to the upper side and the properties goes to the lower side..."

This is what he needs, right?

Thanks, regards.

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Message 8 of 14

Hi,

try 2 palettes and dock them to the left or to the right and minimize them.

As you can see in my video I tried properties palette and material browser palette (because there you can see that the material browser palette is loaded before the first dwg-file is started).

And whatever you do, you can't make AutoCAD starting with the properties palette above the material browser palette, also not if you save that as workspace.

Trust me, I would have loved to see this now working ... and your answer would have been correct! 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 14

Hi, 

You are absolutely right, it is the only thing that is not saved to personalize the work area.
I had not noticed because I never embed the window in this way.
It's a good time to report it as an improvement in the next version, do not you think?

Regards,

Johanna Esteban

EESignature

Message 10 of 14

Hi,

thank you for confirmation!

>> It's a good time to report it as an improvement in the next

>> version, do not you think?

I did that ages ago and gave up.

In the meantime it's not necessary any more as we have reorganized our toolpalettes so all applications from us can run in the same group of palette and there the user can setup his own order and style.

If you'd like to report it, please feel free (also valid for @Darwin33) to send them the input >>>there<<<

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 11 of 14
Darwin33
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yeah I think it would be a good feature. I asume then that now we can customaize group of palettes, where we can set up an order for different "subpalettes". Could you clarify how to do this?

The funny thing is that many years ago perhaps with autocad 2016 I had the palettes with my preferrer order, so properties above and layers below, but with autocad 2017 and 2019 I never could  get that.

Message 12 of 14
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> where we can set up an order for different "subpalettes".

>> Could you clarify how to do this?

That is part of our applications, that is nothing you can do in AutoCAD and the AutoCAD palettes,only with the GUI's of our own apps.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 13 of 14
Darwin33
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Finally I found the way to make it possible. IT is a matter of the vertical size of the palette. The bigger size will shows above and the lower size will be shown below.

Message 14 of 14
Darwin33

Finally I found that is not the solution. The thing is in a previous version I guess autocad 2016 I have the desktop with the properties pallet above, but with 2019 is not possible I still trying to guess why. May be 2019 charge after restarting a new menu that includes the relocation for palettes. I wonder if I can remake that menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta