Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Hatch Pattern: missing parameter?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
663 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Hatch Pattern: missing parameter?

Hello everyone. First of all: I'm working on AutoCad 2019 on a late-2013 MacBook Pro, if this can help.

I'm working on an architectural drawing which includes many brick walls, and I'd like to create a custom Hatch Pattern. I got it to work with SuperHatch, but I also need to explode the pattern in some points so that's not the best solution.

I therefore added a custom line of text in the dedicated section of the acadiso.pat file found in the Support Files folder of Autocad 2019 (see picture #1). I can see the pattern in the Hatch window of Autocad, but as I try to insert it, I get an error message in the Command Line informing me that there is a "missing parameter in line 421" (see picture #2).

Line 421 is of course one of the lines I added (I can't know which one since MacOS's text editor doesn't have a row count function)

Do you see anything wrong in the lines of text I added?

Thanks to everyone in advance!!

Schermata 2020-11-07 alle 12.57.52.png

Schermata 2020-11-07 alle 13.05.16.png

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hugha
in reply to: Anonymous

Try adding a blank line to the end of that file.

hth,

Hugh Adamson

www.hatchkit.com.au

Message 3 of 3
Moshe-A
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous  hi,

The error you are getting is because you did not pressed enter at the end of line 421

AutoCAD can need to see the EOF (end of file) character,  it better be on the last line in file.

*PRETERSEN, Petersen kolumbia simplified bricks
0,     0, 1,    0, 2, 5.28, -0
90, 5.28, 0, 2.64, 1,    1, -1

After you figure this out, your pattern need some adjustment cause it still does not form the bricks 😀

moshe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report