Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Complex Linetypes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
609 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Complex Linetypes

I am working for an engineering company and we are trying to develop a new custom complex linetype. It is working fine on one computer in the office, but if we try loading the new linetype on anyone else's computer it comes back with "Bad definition of Demo at line 2 of file.... company's support file path"

It is a little frustrating because I have rebuild this particular linetype somewhere around 25 times trying to see if I made a mistake. 

Am I running into a support path issue or is the linetype built wrong? Any and all help would be appreciated. 

Files ATT: Demo.lin; Demo.shp; Demo.shx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

If it's working on any computer, it doesn't seem possible that the linetype itself is constructed incorrectly.  But you appear to have included the .shp file twice, and not the .lin file.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I am not allowed to upload it... here is what the doc says. 

*DEMO,demolition linetype
A,0,-.25,[DEMO,Z:\Support\Linetypes\Demo,s=1],-.25
Message 4 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

All I can think of is that the drive designated Z: in that definition is designated by some other letter from the point of view of some computers.  If wherever it is is included in the Support File Search Path list on every computer, you should be able to omit the path and overcome that problem.  [Another difference is that in ACAD.lin and in all my custom linetypes involving Shapes, the .shx is included in the shape file indicator in the definition, but if that's essential, then it shouldn't work on the one computer.  But I've included that in the line below anyway....]  Does this work if the location is in everyone's SFSP list?

A,0,-.25,[DEMO,Demo.shx,s=1],-.25

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I have added it to the bottom of "acad.lin". This is a file that is on everyones' SFSP; it will still load on my machine. The rest of our office has the message of "Bad Line type at line XXX...". 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report