Did you mean: 

Custom ceiling Hatch Pattern

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
frankc
4387 Views, 4 Replies

Custom ceiling Hatch Pattern

I would like to do a 2x2 ceiling grid but in either the vertical or the horizontal direction to have every other grid line to be dashed. the issue is i have 2x2 ceiling grid on one area and the client wants a 2x4 grind that have a score in the middle so it looks like a 2x2, but i also have 2x4 grids.  at this time i just add a note stating the difference but it is getting the contractors confused and they put the wrong grid in.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: frankc

Hi,

>> i have 2x2 ceiling grid on one area and the client wants a 2x4 grind

>> that have a score in the middle so it looks like a 2x2, but i also have 2x4 grids.

Sorry that I can't really follow that.

In general: hatch can have linetypes assigned, but that linetype is used for all items in the hatch.

If you want to have partially continuous lines and some objects should be displayed as dashed then you need to separate the dashed lines to single line entities in your hatch pattern definition.

Here you can find how to create hatch patterns: >>>click<<<

Try to create your pattern, if you can't get it working please upload the PAT file you have so someone here can look into it.

Also as mentioned in my first statement .. please upload a dwg-file that shows how your hatch pattern should look like, just draw a small area manually with lines in that distance you need to create the hatch pattern, this also helps you to create your PAT file 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@frankc wrote:

... 2x4 grid that have a score in the middle so it looks like a 2x2....

Something like this, perhaps?

*CLG2x4half, Ceiling grid 2x4 w/ half-tile score lines
0, 0,0, 0,24
90, 0,0, 0,48
90, 24,1, 0,48, 2,-2

Hatch-2x4-2x2.PNG

You can adjust the density of the dashing by changing the 2,-2 at the end.  If you change the 1 that follows the 24 to negative, a dash rather than a gap will straddle the solid grid lines.  The 2's [or whatever you change them to] don't need to be the same size, either, if you want the dash and gap sizes to differ.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
frankc
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Kent Cooper, AIA, yes this is what i need, thanks.  do you think i can create a lisp to do this as well so it can be a little easier to adjust the grid in the room?  

Message 5 of 5
Kent1Cooper

@frankc wrote:

....  do you think i can create a lisp to do this as well so it can be a little easier to adjust the grid in the room?  

Maybe, but what would the starting conditions be?  For example, would there be a single [most likely Polyline] boundary object already in place to select, or a cleanly-bordered closed area to pick inside [with no door swings into it, etc.]?

But it seems simple enough to me [that is, not worth working up a routine] to just apply the pattern in an area, and then use the Set Origin button in the Hatch Editor, and often something like Mid-of-2-Points Osnap between opposite corners of a room will put it where you want it, or if not [e.g. if you want the center of a tile centered in the room, rather than a grid intersection], the same between corners in the Hatch will reposition it.  [The origin of the pattern is at an intersection of solid lines, and 0 rotation is with the 2x4 full-tile rectangles horizontal as in the image.]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report