Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUIX file and icons in the resource dll

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BearDyugin
1414 Views, 4 Replies

CUIX file and icons in the resource dll

Since version AutoCAD 2015 there were two themes: light and dark. To make the icons well displayed in both themes, it is logical to have 2 sets.
2017-11-22_220156.png2017-11-22_220335.png

To do this, you must use resource dll.But as is known in boundle technology, the file CUIX is copied to the support folder, and already from there it is loaded into AutoCAD. At the same time resource dll files are not copied.

It was found a solution, to add in the search path a folder with resource dll. But in the latest versions AutoCAD of this list of "Search Paths" is already all busy own ways, and no new ones can fit there.
As a result, we have this kind of 😞

2017-11-22_220447.png
What prevents copy not only kui and lkk always lying next to it?

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: BearDyugin

AutoCAD relies on a the icon background color to be "neutral" so you only need one 16x and one 32x icon for both schemes: note that the background color changed in R2017/2018 so if you have custom ones you need to remap the background colors.

Much more clever that running 4-sets of icons as you describe (2-color, 2-sizes).

FWIW Newer versions of AUtoCAD also store the icon in one of the CUIx temp files once assigned: it will not re-read external DLL or icon image files unless you reset the CUIx file.

Message 3 of 5
BearDyugin
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the answer.

But as I did not read and re-read, I still did not understand.

I'm not using a colorless background color. I use a completely transparent color.
Previously, this used PNG format
But work with 2 color schemes AutoCAD is possible only through the resource DLL, which in turn contain files of the type ICO

Message 4 of 5
frederikrr
in reply to: pendean

How can I (if it is possible) programaticaly, using AutoCAD .NET API, add resource icon dll to cuix file?

My final goal is to have my own image/icons which I can assign (also using AutoCAD .NET API) to MacroMenu, when creating MacroMenu and assign it to RibbonBPanelButton.

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: frederikrr

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost