Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Custom Hatch Patterns

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
scottspeig
3089 Views, 9 Replies

Copying Custom Hatch Patterns

I have come across a hatch pattern from someone elses drawing which is something I would use, but I don't seem to be able to find the code for it... I've tried in the .pat files but to no avail, and I cannot access trhough the tool palettes nor can I create new hatches in the same file with the same pattern...

Is there a way to find the code within the drawing or is deliberate to stop the exact thing I'm trying to do?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sajeevkumar
in reply to: scottspeig

Go to OPTIONS command then< Files Tab> there u can find tool pattern file location and add your file there , after you can find your pattern under the Custom option in Hatch command
Message 3 of 10
scottspeig
in reply to: sajeevkumar

Not sure how that helps - I have the hatch within a block (which I cannot explode) and I cannot find the hatch code anywhere - Attached is a file with said block.

I can get to the folder, are you suggesting placing the dwg within that folder?

Message 4 of 10
Patchy

This is not a hatch, it's a block from Vertical Autocad.

Message 5 of 10
Kent1Cooper

Might it be this?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 10
scottspeig
in reply to: Patchy

Ok, but if you edit the block, the actual insulation part is a hatch called (Thermo1). I currently use a polyline for this pattern which I can scale and cut to required length but thought a hatch should be possible (but too complex for myself).

As it is there as a hatch, I was hoping to be able to create the hatch type for all my drawings...

Message 7 of 10
sajeevkumar

first u should save(wherever you want) this drg with smae block name "Insulation",then Insert this file in your drg.(when you are using insert u should tick Explode -it should be left side corner of insert box) 

Message 8 of 10
hugha
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Search online for INSUL hatch pattern.

Reject any very large files, the pattern has very few elements. 

Message 9 of 10
GrantsPirate

Look online for GETPAT.LSP.

Didn't seem to work, maybe there is a newer one out there.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 10 of 10
ToanDN

It is a dynamic block.  You can use Block Editor to make it explodable.  But I don't any reasons why you can't just use the block like it is if your are after wall insulation symbol.  It is stretchable (blue arrow) with multiple visibilities for different sizes (blue dropdown arrow), and dynamic rotation (blue dot).

It is better than using pure hatch because you would need to rotate UCS, adjust hatch base point, hatch scale for different wall sizes and angles.

I have a nearly exact same block for the same purpose with a slightly different graphic based on our company standard.  But mine is stretchable both directions, length and width.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost