Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Sheet Set Custom Properties to another Sheet Set

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Crass
2989 Views, 4 Replies

Copy Sheet Set Custom Properties to another Sheet Set

Hi. I would like to add a revision block driven by Sheet Set fields to several sets of drawings. There are a total of 30 Attribute Definitions in the block. I want the AttDefs to be driven by Custom Properties in my Sheet Set Properties. I think I can figure this out - essentially creating a field that links to each custom property. However the tricky part is that I want to copy this block to 15+ other projects that already have Sheet Sets.

So... I am looking for a way to copy or export/import the custom SS properties to the other project. Then I can copy the revision block to each sheet and hopefully the links will update in the other projects. I see there is a command called PROPULATE but as far as I can tell this is for transferring drawing properties (DWGPROPS), not Sheet Set Properties. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Crass
in reply to: Crass

I found this app which seems to provide the function I am looking for through its copy/paste function:

SSMPropEditor - JTB World

I am trying it out now, and so far so good. I have no problem supporting small developers but I am surprised that this functionality is not already baked into AutoCAD especially since the PROPULATE seems to already do this... though for Drawing Properties instead of Sheet Set Properties.

Anyway, if anyone has any other insight or experience with this, I would appreciate it. Thanks

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Crass,

I think you found a great tool for this.  Propulate, IMHO, is not a great tool and hasn't really been updated in a while.  Please add a post on how this turns out for you. I too would love to see a tool that would allow importing sheet set properties from one set to another.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5
Crass
in reply to: john.vellek

Well, I haven't put the app through the wringer quite yet but it has already saved me a lot of work. I strongly recommend it. The UI is clean and it is simple to use. All reviews on the Autodesk App Store are four stars so I don't think I am alone in this opinion.

This tool from the same developer could also be helpful for someone who does a lot of sheet set management: Sheet Set Manager Path Edit

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 5 of 5
mbickelVMG55

I would love to use 3rd party apps but it is a hassle to get permission from IT to install, authorization to spend the money (no matter how little), deal w/ install bugs, learn the new software. Not worth it for me at this time, but I would like to be able to update a reference dst file and export the updates to my other dsts.

Today I will be adding the same 10 custom properties to 4 different dsts for added functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report