Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer is frozen

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1595 Views, 5 Replies

Computer is frozen

I just spent 5 hrs on a drawing and it froze, how do I save the drawing now, I'm screwed
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous  hello. you cannot do anything maybe try to keep  pressing you  esc button keyboard until so see the drawings i'm not sure if this works for you, your second option is to look the last save - autosave backup. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6
pendean

You never manually saved in 5-hours?
Did you at least turn on autosave? If yes, go to your Windows log-in Temp folder and look for a file with the extension SV$ with a time stamp within those 5-hours, rename the extension to DWG and pray it has enough for you to recover from.
Message 4 of 6
TheCADnoob

Frozen computer?

CADnoob Frozen Computer.jpg

But seriously, if it is still 'thinking' i would give it some time and hope that past experience is wrong this time. 

in addition to the method @pendean mentioned you can do the same trick on a .bak file. Do you know if your setup generates the backup files?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I tell all new CAD techs to get in the habit of typing QSAVE every 15 minutes or so. It is a good habit to form. It took a sticky note on my monitor for a couple of months and I type it without even thinking about it now.
Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

With the great suggestions in this thread I hope that you were able to recover some, if not all, of your work. Please let me know if you need additional assistance with the issue.

Here are some links that might help you for the future:

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report