Did you mean: 

Competing cursor problem with Wacom tablet

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Thomas.Grong
2657 Views, 7 Replies

Competing cursor problem with Wacom tablet

To keep RSI at bay, I have been trying to use a wacom tablet and pen as a secondary input device. I want to use it similarly to a mouse. However, in AutoCAD, the cursor from the pen seems to compete with the cursor from my mouse. When using the pen, the cursor on screen rapidly jumps between the pen's position and another position I can control with the mouse.

It seems that the pen and mouse do not share the same cursor, but apply two seperate, which compete when using the pen. In Revit (or any other program I use), this problem does not occur, and the pen can be used perfectly as a mouse.

Im using a Wacom Intous pro small with Windows 10. The same problem occurs in AutoCAD 2019, 2020 and 2021

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: Thomas.Grong

Have you tried a different mouse to see if the problem still exists?

How about unplugging the mouse while using the tablet?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 8
Thomas.Grong
in reply to: RobDraw

Thanks for the suggestions! Yes, the problem persists with different types of mice. Unplugging them does not remove the problem, likely because I use a laptop with an onboard touchpad.

Nonetheless, I would not like to have to constantly plug and unplug my mouse. Additionally, operating the tablet in wired or wireless mode makes no difference.

Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

The only thing I can think of is disabling the touchpad. You will have to figure out how. You might not be able to and if you can, you sill have to reenable it whenever you need it.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 8
Thomas.Grong
in reply to: RobDraw

I had the same thought, though I could not find a way to disable it on this computer short of uninstalling its driver altogether - which is a step too far. I was able to disable the "pointing stick" mid-keyboard, with no effect.

It seems to me this is a problem with AutoCAD, since no other program (Revit, web browser, MS Office etc.) displays this behaviour. I have so far not been able to find any settings which accomodate using a pen.

Any other suggestions?

Message 6 of 8
pendean

You need what is called a WINTAB driver for AutoCAD to ignore your system mouse and use only the pen/tablet.
Does WACOM offer something like that, a driver specific/unique to AutoCAD?

In the meantime try asking WACOM support for tips https://support.wacom.com/
Message 7 of 8
Thomas.Grong
in reply to: pendean

I asked Wacom support. It appears all I needed to do was add AutoCAD as an application to the Wacom Tablet Properties. The pen now functions perfectly. Thanks for the help 🙂

Message 8 of 8
cldehart

I know I am a couple years late to this conversation, but I thought that I would add an alternate answer to the question.  I had the same problem with the jumping cursor even after adding Acad as an application.  The solution for me was to make sure Pen Mapping Mode was set to Mouse for Acad profile as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost