Did you mean: 

Clipit for wipeouts on autocad 2018

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
catlin.homer
396 Views, 2 Replies

Clipit for wipeouts on autocad 2018

I have been researching how to use a wipeout on a polyline with an arc in it, and the best suggestion I've found so far is to use the clipit command which appears to have been designed for just such a task. However upon using the command, selecting the polyline, then the wipeout, and entering an allowable error distance(which I left at its default of 1/8". The command falls apart and says:

Point or option keyword required.
(Lisp Expression) (Lisp Expression)

I have tried looking into this, and there was a suggestion to use an older lisp file from an older version of autocad, however, I do not have access to one. And on top of that, this appears to be a problem that should have an easy correction. Sadly, I have been unable to find a way to make the clipit command work. Any help or suggestions would be great. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobDraw
in reply to: catlin.homer

I would try to accomplish whatever you are doing without the use of wipeouts. IME, they are not reliable.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: catlin.homer

Use a solid hatch set to RGB 255,255,255 for color and draworder it into position, that works all the time. You can GROUP the objects together with the hatch if you want then to move together.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost