Did you mean: 

Clipboard paste as block in AutoCAD 2014 & 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
falconbird
940 Views, 7 Replies

Clipboard paste as block in AutoCAD 2014 & 2015

I have Acad2015 and also Acad2014. On the first time I open a session in any of the AutoCADs. Using the clipboard command by right clicking on the screen, then to past as a block is grayed out. The only way I can use the past as a block command is to activate any other commands and cancel. Then go back and use the past as a block command. Can anybody help me solve this mystery?

for clarity john.vellek edited original subject: Clipboard-past as block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: falconbird

Hi falconbird,

Strange behavior! Can you attach a sample drawing for me to look at? I would like to see if there is anything unique in your drawing or if it is strictly your AutoCAD that is at fault.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
murray-clack
in reply to: john.vellek

This is going to sound silly, but it WORKS....

1. Click on ANY object in the drawing you are trying to paste into so that the object's grips are activated

2. Right-click your mouse, and the "Paste as Block" option will now be available.

Don't ask WHY this works, it just does.  I discovered this trick on my own totally by accident.

Message 4 of 8
john.vellek

Hi falconbird,

Please see the post from @murray-clack.

Please try his solution and add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if his post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 8
john.vellek

Hi falconbird,

I am checking back to see if  your problem has been resolved. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 6 of 8
murray-clack
in reply to: john.vellek

The other potential problem is that he may be cutting and pasting a selection set that MAY contain AEC objects (e.g. Civil 3D alignment, Revit model, etc.) within "plain" AutoCAD

Message 7 of 8
falconbird
in reply to: murray-clack

murray,

Your right it works. It's only happens the very first time I open a AutoCAD session. After that the paste as a block is always active. That is crazy. Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 8
murray-clack

Great!  Glad I could be of help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost