Did you mean: 

Changing the snap increments in the middle of a command

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jarives
2074 Views, 11 Replies

Changing the snap increments in the middle of a command

How do you change the snap distance when you are in the middle of a command function? Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
jarives
in reply to: jarives

So that you don't interrupt the on going command.

Message 3 of 12
Kent1Cooper

Type in 'SNAP with the apostrophe prefix.  Or put that into a Tool Palette item you can pick on -- you can make several of them for values you would regularly use.  I have a Tool Palette with a range of those from 1/32" to 10'.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 12
cadffm
Message 5 of 12
vinodkl

Hi @jarives 

While in the middle of the command you can change snap increment transparently by typing in 'SNAP🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 12
jarives
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

That's exactly what I couldn't find. I'm going from r12 w/ a digitizer where I had those different snap setting on the digitizer and I could just tap the unit I needed and keep on going. The jump from r12 (486/Dos 6.2) to AcadLt 21 is blowing my mind. Now I just need to read up on how to build a Tool Palettes. Thanks abunch.

Message 7 of 12
jarives
in reply to: cadffm

This looks like it will get the job done as well but the tool palette solution avoids having to doing any typing, just clicking. Thanks

Message 8 of 12
jarives

In creating that Tool Paletter library of different snap spaces, do you create a simple macro for each different unit such as "snap" command then enter then "unit" (1" or 6", etc.) then "enter".  Like a lisp routine.

Message 9 of 12
cadffm

@jarives wrote:

In creating that Tool Paletter library of different snap spaces, do you create a simple macro for each different unit such as "snap" command then enter then "unit" (1" or 6", etc.) then "enter".  Like a lisp routine.

Was it a question?

You can do what you want (& need)

A button for fix value or a button with only '_.SNAP

then ACAD ask for the snap-value

GRIDUNIT

SNAP

free free

Set up what you want (FMI: What kind of drawings you create? For my Job i never uses GRID and SNAP..

Sample DWG file, or just a PDF / JPG? I like to see what do doing

>> The jump from r12 (486/Dos 6.2) to AcadLt 21 is blowing my mind.

Holy sh*!

The good news: It's possible to use AutoCAD2021 like your R12 IF YOU LIKE

(some things i would not do like in R12, but it is possible to do it.)

digital tablet

Should be availalbe too (but rare with good drivers for Acad)

>>"Now I just need to read up on how to build a Tool Palettes."

Why? Toolpalettes(TP) are a great feature, you don't need to use it.

(menu macro inside are the same, but in some cases you can struggle with the special functions of TP)

_-TOOLBAR<enter>

LAYER<enter>

<enter>

The appearing gui object is not new for you, if you like that - still available..

create your own Toolbars (instead of writing mnu in plain Texteditors, i prefer to learn about

the new CUIX and how to use the CUI command to customizing what you want (don't EDIT standards, Create your own CUIX to load your stuff side by side with the default standard stuff in Acad 2021

Or Menu.. Command: MENUBAR

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
jarives
in reply to: cadffm

Thanks CADffm. There are many ways to skin a cat.  Dead lines and learning on the fly don't mix well. Thank goodness there is the forum.

Message 11 of 12
Kent1Cooper

@jarives wrote:

They are macros that use the ' apostrophe prefix so they work when within a drawing or editing command.

'snap 0.125

'snap 0.25

'snap 0.5

'snap 1

'snap 6

'snap 12

etc.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 12 of 12
jarives

I can't get the 'snap 0.125 into a tool palette folder. And I can't seem to find a video tutorial on youtube or AutoCad community. They gives examples of everything but how to input commands. Do you have a link to any site that does explain how to create these command palettes. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta