Cannot trim hatch

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
dvrVSNMW
7303 Views, 11 Replies

Cannot trim hatch

Hello,

I cannot trim a hatch. Is there a way to trim this hatch ?

I attached a screenshot. 

If you need more info pls ask.

Thx.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
vinodkl
in reply to: dvrVSNMW

Hi,

Check if the elevation of hatch and the line is zero.

Also check this: Click Here 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 12
dvrVSNMW
in reply to: vinodkl

Hey, thx for the reply. 

Elevations or Z-coordinates are all "zero"

Message 4 of 12
vinodkl

Have you checked the link provided above.

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 5 of 12
dvrVSNMW

Now I have yes. No solution there. 

I have made a new screenshot. The hatch has a circle in it, maybe this is not a normal hatch... ?

(for now I just have moved all the point from above to the line I wanted to trim on. So I fixed it the hard way.)

Message 6 of 12
vinodkl

You can share the drawing so that we can help you out with the problem.

Message 7 of 12
dvrVSNMW

Drawing in attachement...

Message 8 of 12
cadffm

Because the outline is garbage,
therefore the hatching has no calculated area value (see CTRL + 1)

191016-2.JPG

- Sebastian -
Message 9 of 12
vinodkl

What @cadffm is telling is right.

A workaround would be to right click on the hatch and select generate boundary which would generate a boundary around the hatch. Now delete the hatch a recreate the hatch again. Now this hatch can be trimmed.

Message 10 of 12
dvrVSNMW

Yeah, hatch is ****ed up by the original "maker".  So I'll go with your solutions. 

Thx everybody for the quick help!

Message 11 of 12
scot-65

Importing/converting a file from a media other than
AutoCAD based products for use in AutoCAD *might*
cause entity handling problems with hatch as well
as polylines, splines, arcs, etc.

Just be aware of this...

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 12 of 12
arpansark0544TCX

It can be trimmed if you do this.

Define a new boundary using Hatchedit. And then trim. 

Note: Keep the newly defined boundary in the temp layer to avoid confusion.

I will work for sure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost