Did you mean: 

breaking up Hatch

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dkominik
4382 Views, 6 Replies

breaking up Hatch

Is there a way to break up or explode only a portion of a hatch? 

I want to get rid of the tile lines on my toilet fixture and behind the mirror. I usually either explode the whole thing.

To avoid the mirror I could do the hatch again with the mirror in place. I did that after I hatched the wall.

If the client wants to move something it is more difficult once the hatch is exploded.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jherbst
in reply to: dkominik

@dkominik wrote:

Is there a way to break up or explode only a portion of a hatch? 

I want to get rid of the tile lines on my toilet fixture and behind the mirror. I usually either explode the whole thing.

To avoid the mirror I could do the hatch again with the mirror in place. I did that after I hatched the wall.

If the client wants to move something it is more difficult once the hatch is exploded.

TRIM the hatch.

Message 3 of 7
alvespereira

Is not good policy to explode hatches nor there is a way for partially exploding one. As you note if you need to change something (placement, fixture type,etc) you'll need to create a new hatch. I can think of three possible methods:

1. Try to mask the mirror and toillete block using a wipeout. This way you'll be able to move them anywhere without recreating the hatch.

2. Another possible way is by using a solid hatch fill within the mirror and toillete outline. You can do this with the boundary command and apply the hatch to the resulting closed polyline (draw a rectangle enclosing the fixture and with the boundary (bpoly) [bo] pick a point between the rectangle and the block).

3. You can also trim hatches. Not a method that i would use though.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

Hi dkominik,

There are a variety of ways to do what I think you are attempting. One of the easiest ways is to move your existing hatch away from its current location, create a new hatch and then use the Match properties feature to make the new hatch look like the old one but within the new boundaries.

Another great way to do this is with the HATCHEDIT command. I have attached a video that shows how you might use this in your work.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi dkominik,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7
evanWSDB2
in reply to: john.vellek

Very helpful. Clear and concise. Works well.

Message 7 of 7
evanWSDB2
in reply to: john.vellek

hatch1.PNGhatch2.PNGhatch3.PNG

The three pictures above illustrate the hatch "removal" process. Although it doesn't change the original hatch boundaries, it makes it easy to "remove" portions. just be sure to put your polyline on a nonplot layer.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost