Did you mean: 

Block Attribute cannot access plot styles thru the properties tab

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
timothy_crouse
243 Views, 1 Reply

Block Attribute cannot access plot styles thru the properties tab

Autocad 2020, Win64

I have noticed that on my machine I cannot access all the available plot styles through the block attribute editor "properties" tab.

When I select the attribute " PLOT STYLE" drop-down only a few of the available (SCMS AEC stb plot config) plot named plot styles appear in the list:

-Normal

-Bylayer

-Byblock

-Screen_30%

See attached, I have included the named plot style config file too.

Can anyone explain to me why I cannot access all the available named plot styles?

I had to zip it as the stb file type is not allowed to be directly attached to the thread.

Thanks in Advance

-Tim C.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Here is the workaround, sort of

In order to get access to all the available plot syles through the block attribute editor properties dialog plot style picklist you have to:

Go into the block editor and set the plot style of the attribute.

Exit the block editor

Perform the same operation meaning go back inside the block editor and assign the next desired plot style to the attribute.

After you have repeated this process to assign all the plot styles one by one you will be able to have access to the plot style through the block attribute editor properties tab.

The caveat is that if you copy the block or insert the block into a new drawing, not all the plot styles will be available, some but not all.

I will submit a case for this in the hopes it will eventually get fixed.

Best Regards

-Tim C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report