Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Alternate Dimension Text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
743 Views, 2 Replies

Blank Alternate Dimension Text

I always import drawings image files in .bmp, .jbg, .png, .tif into cad drawing and then use the longest dimension text on it to scale its size to reflect actual dimension on the drawing and then trace lines of the plan manually by drawing lines over it to give a rough drawing. I then dimension all parts of the drawing and then got to site to take physical measurements and mark it next to the dimension text so that I can amend my drawing with correct dimensions.  It works good for me but I feel that if I could use dimensioning with alternate dimensions in which the alternate dimension would not be shown so that a blank space is left under the primary dimension text for me to fill in measurements taken to give better clarity.  Any help will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ara_neresesian
in reply to: Anonymous

hi

just double click on dim text press END and you can add text or new measurement (as text) without changing the distance of that

or select dim and in the properties>text> text override   > type your new measurement with <>your text

so you will be able to keep both dim text

I am sending a sample for you. see the properties

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're just looking for brackets or something with a background use the NEWTEXT sub-function of DIM.

Enter the DIM command, then enter NEWTEXT. keyin:

<>\X[          ]

click OK then select ALL the dimensions you've placed on the drawing.

the <> means use measured dimension

the \X says put the rest under the dimline

the [      ] is just the place holder for field dimensions, the spaces you add will determine the width of the place holder

If you have background mask set on in your dimstyle, all your dims should look like this:

dim.PNG

You can keyin the same line in the properties text override window as well, but I prefer the newtext approach for some reason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report