Did you mean: 

basic printing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
665 Views, 8 Replies

basic printing

I have 50 drawings to print.  All will be to the same printer, same paper size, extents scaled to fit, black and white...  How do I create a default printer that I can print everything to.  Started to look at batch plot but don't see where I can define any of this.  Not even sure how to create a list of files to print.   I don't understand page setup but it seems to be per file which forces me to set all the setting per file.  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Automation like that requires pre-planning.

Assuming you have... PUBLISH command is the way to go. PUBLISH RULE OF THUMB:
1. Launch Publish from a drawing that is not part of the publish set, but is configured with all your possible sheets and plotter options.
2. Bring in all the drawings/tabs to be published.
3. Import the pagesetup desired from the template file (in your case, one set up for exacting desired output) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/AutoC...
4. PUBLISH.
Message 3 of 9
Patchy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

If I were in your spot, I would start by learning how to create and use >named page setups<

Then learn the basics about how to create and use >sheet sets<

You may have to open each individual file and check that the layout(s) you want to plot/publish are all set correctly as far as viewports, title blocks, etc. Takes some time to learn & set up (and plan for how to use in future projects), but after a few runs at it, saves huge amounts of time.

You only have to create the page setup(s) in one file, sheet set manager will use it to publish as many layouts as you choose to add.

For your first few experimental tries, use a page setup with a pdf plotter selected, so if you don't like the result, just delete it and try different settings.

Hope this helps, if not, let us know.

Message 5 of 9
cadffm

Copy one file (no need, but for my sample way, do it)

Go to model tab or to layout tab if you want to plot layouts 

Start PAGESETUP dialog, create a new one with a good name and set your settings (printer, paper..).

Save this "Pagesetup.dwg" file.

Close the file.

Start command Publish, create your publish list...

Select all plans in your list, right click in pagesetup column, IMPORT your pagesetup from pagesetup.dwg.

In upper left section set Print to

Printer from pagesetup or similar, i don't know tge right name of this option.

Save the publish list (no need, but for your tests, easier for you if you need to use it again)

Publish!

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the help everyone.   Got it printed with minimal problems.  Not sure I understand the purpose of sheet sets yet.  There much to learn.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Hi everyone
I have a lot of maps in AutoCAD model space and it is very difficult to print them one by one.
Does anyone have a LISP file that I can quickly print maps together in AutoCAD? (Similar to this video (https://www.aparat.com/v/GRFpO/), but unfortunately the LISP file attached to this video does not work properly)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi everyone
I have a lot of maps in AutoCAD model space and it is very difficult to print them one by one.
Does anyone have a LISP file that I can quickly print maps together in AutoCAD? (Similar to this video (https://www.aparat.com/v/GRFpO/), but unfortunately the LISP file attached to this video does not work properly)

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 9
maratovich

@Anonymous  написал (-а):

I can quickly print maps together in AutoCAD?

No problem.
1. Use this - Revers 
2. Attach a sample of your title block.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta