Background for renders in AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
755 Views, 2 Replies

Background for renders in AutoCAD

Good day,

I have a model which was generated by Advance Steel, a conveyor assembly to be precise. Some of the sub-assemblies, 2 gantries, were replaced with a detailed model exported to dwg format from Tekla. So busy with a manual and I am creating rendered views to make the manual look a bit nicer than normal. Some of the subassemblies render quite nicely, using the _View command to set a Custom Model View and changing the background to a white colour (255, 255, 255).

But some, I cannot guarantee that these were the Tekla originated models or not, insist on rendering with a black background and nothing I do changes it. I have gone through the workflow of setting up the Custom Model View and ensuring that it is the current view, countless times, but the background stayes black....

Anyone that can give a hint as to what else I can do to fix this please? I would really appreciate the assistance.

Regards

Kobus

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
qnologi
in reply to: Anonymous

take it you've already read this?

or perhaps this may not even be relevant...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Renderin... trying to render with,rendered materials appear washed out.

qnologi
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: qnologi

Thank you, that sorted out the problem. One still has to set a custom view in the View Manager with a white background in addition to this solution you proposed, but it does the trick.

Regards

Kobus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report