Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of simple drawings, for those unfamilar

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
238 Views, 1 Reply

Automation of simple drawings, for those unfamilar

So i am working on a project to help slimline some process at my work, and wanted to get some outside opinions on this. 

I have been working on creating a method of automating the creation of some simple drawings so that those with little to no knowledge in auto cad, would be able to open a file and create a drawing by entering some values and calculations. 

For some references for this, this is for agricultural drawings mostly for animal water troughs, pipelines and simple things. If possible it would be nice to also apply this to the creation of small reservoirs or waterways. 

I started this project thinking that using blocks and "Mtexts" would be quite simple as this could be easily updated, added to or modified, almost like electronic lego's and kinex. This turned out to be too simplified and was recommend to change it to a method when they could enter values such as dimensions, descriptions and specifics and have the drawing generate itself. This would allow drawings, although simplified to still be varied and versatile. 

the problem i am running into is that i am unfamiliar with this side of auto cad and this in depth of automation. If anyone would be willing to help me, that would be fantastic. I feel like if i could get help with one set of standard drawing i could figure out the others as a reference. I think starting with a water trough design would be the best as it in cooperates a few of the other drawings well. 

If people would like an example of what an existing style of drawing looks like i may be able to share a copy, but i would have to check higher ups as i would may need to redact some info and get permissions. 

In conclusion, the goals of this would be for the user to be prompted to enter information into a chart or area and have a drawing drawn to the correct dimensions, have annotation and be ready to print on pre-laid-out pages. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Why not.. Provide several examples for a typical case, you will get different opinions and hints.
If your AutoCAD knowledge is sufficient to help with the project, then you will surely get help.

In the best case, you can really do all with dynamic blocks, and maybe with a simple Excel spreadsheet.
In the worst case, it is hopeless and you should possibly one
Request a programmer for a variant planning program.

I think for a sufficient overview you will easily be able to alienate the files, so nobody can do anything with it (commercial),
but even without editing nobody will be able to do anything with it;)
For the helpers, it's just important to see what's going on.

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report