Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically change leader settings in a startup lisp when you open a drawing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bgraverholt
668 Views, 6 Replies

Automatically change leader settings in a startup lisp when you open a drawing

I have a coworker that keeps changing leader lines from a Spline to Straight... Is there a way to change this setting through a lisp that runs when you open up a drawing? Its kind of annoying every time I work on one of his projects I have to go change the settings back to spline.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: bgraverholt

"Don't let a management problem become a technology problem"
        -Mark Kiker, caddmanager.com

If you insist, yes, I suppose it's possible to use a reactor to undo any change to leader type. How would you get this "startup lisp" to run on this rogue user's machine? What will stop him/her from just disabling that?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 7
pendean

"leader" means what, the old school LEADER command that is based on a DIMSTYLE setting (then why don't you have two, one for them and one for you), or the as old QLEADER command, or are you all using MLEADERs now where you can set multiple mleader styles (straight for the coworker, spline for you) using MLEADERSTYLE command, then everyone is happy as a clam all day long moving forward?

Message 4 of 7
bgraverholt
in reply to: rkmcswain

Its mainly for my machine and the other drafters so they don't have to keep changing it. But how I can change per computer and how I can prevent them from removing it is because I manage all of our lisp files through dropbox and each person has there own start up lisp file that is loaded in there startup suite on there computer. So at any time I can change/edit the lisps on everyone's computer if I need to change something instead of going to each machine and changing the lisps on there computer. They don't have access to change the lisp files so its fairly locked down.

Message 5 of 7
bgraverholt
in reply to: pendean

Sorry yeah I mean Qleader. Most of us use the Qleader command and there are a couple of people use the Mleader command but not many. 

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Might be a good time to make the switch as an office to MLEADERS then, everyone get their own thing to do and run, since your office appears to have no standards or much of in the way of leadership controls to establish a process to follow for everyone.

How will you pass off the sudden inability for everyone else to not do things your way?
Wouldn't they just come here and ask all of us how to undo what you did?

Do let us know. TIA.
Message 7 of 7
bgraverholt
in reply to: pendean

We have some standards set in place but someone prefers to do things there own way with leaders. Old school and they refuse to change. There is only one person that changes this setting company wide. Hence the reason to wanting to change the setting in a startup lisp so when I/others go to add a Qleader its set to spline already.

As for them coming to look for a way to change this online fairly slim because none of them know they can even change these things automatically or know what lisps do. They are mainly happy when AutoCAD is working correctly and they don't have to keep changing settings all the time. Once they have to keep changing something over and over again I hear about it and they ask why do I have keep changing this? So I go fix it in our default or add a lisp to change it automatically so they don't have to worry about it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report