Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated beach cleaning robot. I need help creating an automated beach cleaning robot for some people if anyone can create one for me I just like the bebot

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ryan_clery
477 Views, 2 Replies

Automated beach cleaning robot. I need help creating an automated beach cleaning robot for some people if anyone can create one for me I just like the bebot

Send to email cleryryan2@gmail.com

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: ryan_clery

Creating an automated beach cleaning robot involves several components such as mechanical design, sensors for navigation, debris detection, and software for control. Here's a basic outline to get you started:

Mechanical Design:

• Chassis: Design a sturdy chassis that can navigate sandy terrain. It should be able to withstand exposure to saltwater and sand.
  • Wheels or Tracks: Choose appropriate wheels or tracks for traction on sand. Wide, rubberized wheels or tracks work best.
  • Collection System: Implement a mechanism for collecting debris. This could be a rake, conveyor belt, or vacuum system.
  • Dumping Mechanism: Include a way for the robot to dump collected debris into a container.

Electrical Components:

• Microcontroller: Arduino or Raspberry Pi can be used for controlling the robot.
  • Motor Drivers: H-bridge motor drivers to control the movement of wheels or tracks.
  • Sensors:
    • Ultrasonic Sensors: For obstacle avoidance.
    • GPS Module: For navigation and mapping.
    • Color Sensors: To differentiate between debris and sand.
    • Camera: Optional for visual feedback.
  • Power Supply: Lithium-ion batteries with a solar panel for recharging.

Software:

• Navigation Algorithm: Develop an algorithm for the robot to autonomously navigate the beach.
  • Obstacle Avoidance: Implement code using sensor data to avoid obstacles like beachgoers or large debris.
  • Debris Detection: Use color sensors or AI image recognition to detect and collect trash.
  • Mapping: Create a mapping system to ensure the robot covers the entire beach.
  • Wireless Communication: Implement Wi-Fi or Bluetooth for remote control and monitoring.

Safety Considerations:

• Ensure the robot has safety features to shut down in emergencies.
  • Avoid harming wildlife or disturbing natural habitats.

Resources:

• Open-source platforms like ROS (Robot Operating System) can be helpful.
  • Online tutorials for Arduino/Raspberry Pi and sensor integration.
  • Mechanical design software like SolidWorks or Tinkercad for designing the robot.

Challenges:

• Sand can be challenging for traction and mechanics.
  • Saltwater can corrode electronics, so proper sealing is crucial.
  • Debris detection might require advanced image processing if using a camera.

This is a basic overview, and building such a robot would require expertise in robotics, electronics, and programming. You can start small with a proof-of-concept and gradually add features as you refine the design.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
TheCADnoob
in reply to: ryan_clery

Thats a bit of a big ask. 

Have you looked into the services marketplace?

https://www.autodesk.com/support/partners

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report