Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventory Analyzer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
paulwse
2461 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk Inventory Analyzer

I am trying to find the executable/program for the Autodesk Inventory Analyzer, which is required to complete an Autodesk Software Review, managed by Autodesk Software Management team. They provide no obvious link to the tool they want me to use.  You would think they would make this easy, but no.  We have a two-seat, non-network, locally installed license/subscription that we have had for probably ten years; two-seat license active on two computers, one workstation and one laptop, plus another laptop that is rarely used but allowed under the license agreement (for the user with the workstation, home use requested and approved years ago).

When I first got the email from noreply_software-review@autodesk.com, it sends me to this link:

https://software-review.autodesk.com/

At that page it asks if you are a new user.  Well, It's logical to think "no, I'm not a new user" since I already have an Autodesk logon, and since the primary Autodesk login even states "Your account for everything Autodesk."  That is incorrect and needs to be changed on the primary Autodesk login page, since it is misleading and inconsistent with the Software Review page.

So after talking with some supposedly from Autodesk Software Management team, turns I have to create new username and password for this exercise, which I compare to an audit by the IRS of a lemonade stand.

So I create another login and then after answering a bunch of questions I'm supposed to run a tool called Autodesk Inventory Analyzer, but there is no link to download it, or if there is, it is hidden in "mystery meat" navigation.

If someone knows where the link is, please post.  I'm obviously not going to get it from Autodesk.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: paulwse

this tool is not available to the public its only available from Autodesk

this says there is a messaging feature when you log in: https://software-review.autodesk.com/Documents/ALR_UserGuide_EN-US.pdf

you may need to go there and ask

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

it says here in the pdf:

Download Autodesk Inventory Advisor
(AIA)
:
Once you register in the Portal, you can download AIA from the Upload Inventory page

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 4
paulwse
in reply to: paulwse

Thanks!  Now that I know where to find the "hoop," I can jump thru it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report