Did you mean: 

Autocomplete Dialaog box appears on the Right side

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
PRSS
4053 Views, 19 Replies

Autocomplete Dialaog box appears on the Right side

Hello In AutoCAD 2015, on the Command Line Bar, the Autocomplete / Autocorrect Dialog box appears on the Right side of Command Line Bar instead of its default position on the left side. How do I rectify this? Screen Shot images attached. Thanks in advance PRSS
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
pendean
in reply to: PRSS

no screenshots attached.
Message 3 of 20
PRSS
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the reply. I did attach the screen shot but it had not loaded Autodesk Support center, after seeing this post has created a case and I have been asked to wait. However let me attach the screen shot again and see if it loaded. In the meanwhile, I also tried resetting AutoCAD to defaults. This too did not help. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance PRSS
Message 4 of 20
PRSS

Attachment did not load. Trying to attach again.
Message 5 of 20
PRSS

Last attempt in attaching
Message 6 of 20
PRSS

I have posted the same topic in CADtutor.net and the screenshot got attached there. Link: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?92291-Autocomplete-dialog-box-appears-at-the-right-end-...
Message 7 of 20
pendean

This one? With the commandline docked here I cannot replicate your issue. is 2015 fully updated? I have SP2 installed.

Autocomplete on the right.jpg

Message 8 of 20
PRSS
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I have SP2 installed and fully updated. This copy is installed on my Home computer under subscription benefits for use at home. But his is working fine in my office. In my office, the Autocomplete dialog shows correctly on the left.
Message 9 of 20
PRSS

No.I never said it was solved! I said that in my office it is working fine - always worked fine.
At my House on the home machine, where there is this problem, it still persists.

What I am going to do when I go home is turn off this Autocomplete dialog box by removing ticks from all the options. I posted this problem thinking it would be solved easily with some setting. If it is going to be complicated, I shall turn this feature off.
Message 10 of 20
gtunison

Has anybody come across a solution for this?
I have only one in 60 machines having this issue.

Message 11 of 20
PRSS
in reply to: gtunison

No, it has not been sorted out. I had to re-install it once & even then it persists. (even though I have received my upgrade to 2016 under subscription, I still prefer to use the 2015 version - I do not know if the problem would still persist in version 2016 also in case I installed it. Because, the problem was actually carried over from 2014 version to 2015 version when I upgraded to 2015). Best regards PRSS
Message 12 of 20
gtunison

Thanks for the reply PRSS.

This is the closest I've come to finding a solution:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/autocomplete-is-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-...

But I have yet to find the correct settings in the graphics driver.

Message 13 of 20
paul
in reply to: gtunison

If you have a touchscreen then it is under the Tablet PC Settings. Click on Other tab and select Left-handed. This took me forever to figure out. 

To get to that setting go to run and type this inshell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}. This will open the Tablet PC Settings menu. I hope this save someone some time.....

Message 14 of 20
PRSS
in reply to: paul

@Anonymous: No, it is not a touch screen !

Message 15 of 20
jtennantJKS7Y

@paul Thank you!! This solved it for me. Had been banging my head for days with this issue.

Message 16 of 20

哇靠牛逼啊大兄弟!没想到居然是在我使用数位板时,改过惯用手设置导致的问题!你这个才是正解啊,非常感谢!0e19b2bbc3f0c9b1d2e2ece16959.jpg🤣🤣🤣

Message 17 of 20
markleoparte

markleoparte_0-1616021127301.png

still not working with me. 😓

Message 18 of 20
markleoparte

shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E} this one worked for me.

thanks

Message 19 of 20
marko_ribar

You have to create shortcut for Tablet PC Settings...

info here :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-happened-to-the-tab... 

Then just change in Other Tab from right-handed to left-handed...

That's all...

HTH.

Marko Ribar, d.i.a. (graduated engineer of architecture)
Message 20 of 20
aaron.mccormick

not sure if this will help being so late, if you change the pen setting 'choose what hand to write if' to left hand. This will move the box to the left of the command line. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost