Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Window keeps adjusting and re-scaling back and fourth

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
7076 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Window keeps adjusting and re-scaling back and fourth

I am using AutoCAD 2016 on Windows 8.1 (64 bit version)

Where the Model and Layout tabs are located at the bottom left of the screen and the drawing coordinates on the right hand side, this bar keeps changing from a single line to a double line and in doing so make the whole screen judder in and out as it readjusts the view and toolbar positions.

I have managed a temporary solution of switching the Model Tabs off from the display, but this is not an ideal solution as i rely on them heavily to flick between and create new layout tabs.

I have attached a couple of screen shots showing the resizing of the bar at the bottom of the screen, it will randonly resize during activity and during periods of none. It is not just a happening once in a while, it is constantly happening at random times and stops myself from selecting items as it refreshes and cancels the commands.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

as you have done it, you can place the line with "Model" and the layouts one position upwards, so it's not placed in the same line as the rest of the statusbar (right click on any layout and use "Dock above Status Bar".

That is step 1

2015-11-27 15-20-38.png

Step 2 is to reduce the number of elements in the status bar, remove the items you don't need using the right most icon in the status bar, this opens a list of status bar items to make them visible or unvisible.

Reason about all that (what I have seen yet) is the display of the coordinates. As long as you move the cursor over the graphic are the digits in the coordinate display might change, so the values might be:

0.000, 0.000, 0.000

1234.5789, -5639.9873, 0.000

As you can see the width of the coordinate field changes. And as AutoCAD 2016 has the (new) option to display the statusbar in more than one line it might happen when the coodinate display field is smalll AutoCAD decides to show all in one status bar line, when the field gets more wide AutoCAD decides to swith to a 2 line status bar.

As a result, every move of the cursor might change the number of lines of the statusbar.

In the meantime I have turned of the coordinate display and I'm waiting until that is solved. But you can use and of the above suggestions.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

My eye sight thanks you, Alfred.  I'll share this with the rest of the office.  And I get a bonus of reducing the Status Bar to relevant tabs.

Message 4 of 4
albionpjl
in reply to: Anonymous

My sight thanks you as well. This has been driving me nuts.
At last, the window is steady.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report