Did you mean: 

Autocad starts the wrong command.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1753 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad starts the wrong command.

If I try to enter a two letter command on the command line autocad seems to pick a different command.  Example is I want to CO for copy it starts the circle command C. Why does it do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

Please look into INPUTSEARCHOPTIONS

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoC...

Changing the settings or turning it off all together will probably resolve your issue.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 5
dan908
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

Like Chris said. Typically you just need to adjust the timer a little bit because it seems to be that if the timer is just finishing for AutoComplete and you push enter it will take the autocompleted word.

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 4 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

i suggest to check these commands from ALIASEDIT command.

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
nawU64QN
in reply to: dan908

Thanks for the timer suggestion!

CO is a big reach on the keyboard so it takes just the wrong amount of time for the new autocomplete feature and evokes circle rather than copy

For years I would set C as the shortcut for copy, but after upgrading machines enough times and issues with losing profiles, I learned all the default shortcuts.

Somewhere in there I had gone through a Lisp phase which was handy if I was using someone else's computer.  Surprised I still remember:   (Defun C:C () (Command "copy"))

Anyways my point is: Who draws more circles than they use copy.  Copy should have been the C shortcut all along!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report