Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - PDF font issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jwLZSKH
325 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD - PDF font issue

I export my drawings as a PDF and it looks great on my computer. However, after sending to others or opening on the web, the font style doesn't display. The font that displays looks similar to .TXT or a Basic Arial.

I use MARYDALE font from Adobe creative cloud.

I've checked a .dwg to .PDF as my printer and it says font is embedded but it's still an issue. 

Thoughts? Thanks!

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: jwLZSKH

Purchased Fonts do that: you are not allowed to embed them into PDFs: could that be the reason for your MARYDALE font?

If it is a free font for everyone on the planet to download and use, those types of issues usually disappear, especially if you made an effort to ensure font-embedding was actually on in your PDF river when you "exported".

Can you share your PDF file here? It will be noted in the actual PDF under PROPERTIES what's wrong with that font without using much of any other program.
Message 3 of 6
jwLZSKH
in reply to: pendean

Why would you not be able to embed even a purchased font? If I export the .PDF to a .JPG then it carries.

Font is stylus in the drawing but the title block uses MARYDALE for the blue Text.

Attached is .PDF file.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

@jwLZSKH wrote:

Why would you not be able to embed even a purchased font?

They can't force others to pay if they see it for free, now can they.

@jwLZSKH wrote:

If I export the .PDF to a .JPG then it carries.

JPG is a snapshot: no intelligence, no text to select in a viewer, no text to search in a viewer.

@jwLZSKH wrote:

Font is stylus in the drawing but the title block uses MARYDALE for the blue Text.

Attached is .PDF file.

It is substituted Automatically in any of the many PDF viewers I use here on my PC

pendean_0-1666281390934.pngpendean_1-1666281430257.png

Message 5 of 6
handjonathan

Hi @jwLZSKH 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Has the solution suggested by @pendean helped with your issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community!  

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 6 of 6
jwLZSKH
in reply to: handjonathan

I suppose the solution is that AutoCAD cannot do what I hoped. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report