Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - Hatch is selecting random objects/text outside boundaries

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bradleyQCVKQ
439 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD - Hatch is selecting random objects/text outside boundaries

Hatch appears to be working correctly, however once the hatch is complete the errors are apparent. Firstly, random nearby objects and text are selected as part of the hatch even though they do not seem to affect the actual shown hatch. Secondly, when I select a second portion to hatch, it seems to select the boundary properly, but does not show as hatched. Trimming the hatch also seems to completely mess with the boundaries and the hatch becomes ruined.

I have compared settings on similar project files and am not having the same issues. At a loss for what the problem could be. 

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: bradleyQCVKQ

Hi,

I guess your border objects are not clean closed and/or self intersect, but we need your DWG to show you the problem(s).

Can you share the DWG file?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

The DWG, include your created hatch!

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
bradleyQCVKQ

Copied drawing referenced in my post into the blank cad file attached. Problem seems to persist. I believe all boundaries are fully closed.

Message 5 of 6
cadffm
in reply to: bradleyQCVKQ

1. Question: Why are you create non-associative hatchs? But okay, this is offtopic and it is your choice.

2. Check the properties (or before creation, the setting in your Hatching Tab: ISLAND DETECTION

is set to OUTER

And in this case, Acad will hatch the OUTER Hatch-area ONLY,

if you like to hatch both areas with the island detection OUTER, you have to do it in 2 steps

add:

the missing part is an island of the bigger one, but your setting say "hatch the outer one only"..

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
bradleyQCVKQ

I thought I was using associative but I'm clearly not now that I look at the settings. Hatch seems to be working as expected now.  ... Too many hours looking at computer screens I guess...

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta