Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD forum structure

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
olivier.lp
2874 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD forum structure

In an effort to create a better customer experience and provide maximum visibility for new questions and existing answers, we will  be moving all posts from other AutoCAD forums into this AutoCAD Forum between February 23rd (evening EST)  and Monday February 27th. At that time, we will archive the empty forums.

We are taking this step following in-depth analysis of the overall traffic and health of this forum, and after having consulted and receiving signoff from various community stakeholders.

Schedule:

Monday Feb 20th: All forums to be consolidated are only allowing responses to existing topics

Thursday Feb 23rd in the in the evening (EST):

• All forums to be consolidated will be read only and hidden from the AutoCAD category page
  • During this process the topics on the new consolidated forum will be out of chronological order. It will be fixed before making the forum public again

Monday Feb 27th

• The exact timing will be known as we get closer to the end of the process
  • The topics from the temporary AutoCAD forum will be merged into the new consolidated AutoCAD forum
  • The AutoCAD forum will be reopened for normal operation

We will inform you here should there be any issues, changes and when the process is completed.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

-----------------------------
Olivier Le Pord -Community Manager-
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: olivier.lp

Can you better define for us, what "other AutoCAD forums" means?

Do you mean all of the other forums that are currently under the "AutoCAD" heading?

autocad-forums.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 10
JamesMaeding

awesome! so all that wasted empty space in the posts will be "consolidated"?

Don't answer that.

But you did say the old items will be hidden and read only.

Are you deleting any content from the old ones?

thx

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 5 of 10
olivier.lp
in reply to: JamesMaeding

OK, I will not answer that 🙂

Thanks for bringing up the rest, though!

We will NOT delete any old content. 

During the migration, the forums to be consolidated are hidden but only from the category page (this page: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad/ct-p/8) to leave only the temporary AutoCAD forum and avoid confusion. the these forums remain accessible as long as you have the direct links (from email notifications or bookmarks).

For example, the forum on which this topics sits is hidden from the category page, but remains accessible. As I am writing these lines, you can respond to an existing thread on this forum, but you cannot create a new one. Google can find the content like before. We needed this few days of notice to allow as many topics as possible to "conclude".

Later in the evening (EST) today, we will close these AutoCAD forums to new responses as well, making them read only. It is necessary for the actual consolidation over the weekend. Google will still be able to find the content. All existing links will be automatically redirected to their new location. Then back to normal sometimes this Monday Feb 27th with one big AutoCAD forum. 

I hope this helps. 

AutoCAD hidden.png

Message 6 of 10
braudpat

Hello Olivier

Please could you rename the New "Forum" to "AutoCAD Forum" because they are other forums named "Forum" !

I have always many Forums opened on my Smartphone or PC... 

Thks,  Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
olivier.lp
in reply to: braudpat

Bonjour Pat, 

I don't understand. The forum is already (re)named AutoCAD Forum. Please give details.

Message 8 of 10
pendean

@olivier.lp when accessing the forums on mobile devices, in "mobile" mode, this forum is just called FORUM, nothing else. I suspect that is what Patrice is talking about.
Message 9 of 10
braudpat

Hello

YES Mr Pendean !

Regards, Patrice
Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
olivier.lp
in reply to: braudpat

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I see the problem now and thank you for bringing this up. I will look into it and see what can be done. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost