Did you mean: 

Autocad 3d view shortcuts.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Jcathorall
12571 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad 3d view shortcuts.

I've tried googling this but I can't find any mention of it. In my autocad occationally my viewcube will lock up. The only fix i know is to save and restart. This is fine, and not the problem. That said when this happens sometimes i would like to keep working. I know there are commands like SW that take you to the South West view. NW, NE, and SE work as well. I cannot find mention of these shortcuts on google. What I want to know is what are the equivalant commands for the other points of the view cube? In particular I would like to know a command for Top.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dbroad
in reply to: Jcathorall

1. The view control toolbar (top left in every viewport) has the view shortcuts.

2. The view command has a shortcut (v). The command has the following options t - top, f - front, ri - right, l - left, b - bottom, ba - back, and the following isometrics ne, se, sw, nw.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 9
GrantsPirate

From the command line you can

-view <enter> top <enter>

Easy enough to just select that from the screen.  If not on go to options, 3D Modeling tab, lower left, put a check mark for Display the Viewport Controls.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 9
Jcathorall
in reply to: dbroad

The command view, and the shortcut v bring up the view manager, not change the view.(or it does on my system anyways. From the view manager I cannot change the view, only set up views. The shortcut t by itsself brings up multiline text, and the command top does nothing on my system.

Message 5 of 9
dbroad

-v t

-v fr

-v se

-v sw

etc.

It's just a couple of keystrokes.  If the v command brings up a dialog, use dashv (-v)

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 9
wispoxy
in reply to: dbroad

@dbroad Well said.

Message 7 of 9
Kent1Cooper

You may be interested in ViewsNoZoom.lsp, available here.  It has longer command names [but you can put them in menu items, or replace those in a Views toolbar, or shorten them to something that makes sense for you], but one command name for each possible direction, rather than a command plus an option.  The main reason I made it [the reason for the file name] was to avoid the Zooming to the Extents that AutoCAD's versions do -- its commands keep the current view center and zoom level, and change only the direction of view, so you don't need to Zoom back in to where you were.  It has another little bonus, too:  it includes all the isometric view directions from underneath [AutoCAD's are only from above].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

AWESOME! THANKS!

Message 9 of 9
vuk.vukanic
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

This is superb!

Thak you.

Easy things are not worth the effort
http://www.teamcad.rs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost