Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2019 Wipeout Transparency Not Working

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
SavageDruid
4848 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2019 Wipeout Transparency Not Working

Hi,

Wipeout transparency fails to be transparent. Please help.

I have been using wipeout's with transparency for quite a while. Can someone please tell me if wipeout's with transparency are working in 2019? (update: if I zoom WAY out things appear transparent)

Sheets plotted to paper are plotting transparent, but not when plotted to PDF, and they do not display as transparent within model space, despite having transparency enabled and all the variables I am aware of set properly.

My wipeouts are built into a dynamic block and exist on a layer called wipeouts within the block.

Additionally,  within the same drawing I have created a simple wipeout, brought it to the front, set the transparency, and I am still unable to control the transparency.

-Wipeout property 'background transparency' is always 'no' despite changing the variable to 'yes' a dozen times

-I have set the page setups for my drawings to 'plot with transparency'

-I have my transparency box enabled

-I have tested transparency at all values from 0-90

-I have arranged the draw order such that my wipeout is above the object I want to obscure

-I have the latest updates according to Autodesk desktop application

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
S.Faris
in reply to: SavageDruid

Yes, wipeouts does works in 2019( atleast for me 🙂 ). can you please upload the file here, so that we can have a look at what really is happening with the wipeout?

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 11
user181

Hi @SavageDruid ,  If you haven't checked already make sure TRANSPARENCYDISPLAY variable is set to 1

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
brettgatti

Have you tested by using a different PDF "printer" to see if you get different results?

Message 5 of 11
SavageDruid
in reply to: user181

I did. That variable parameter toggles to 'transparencydisplay'. 0=off 1=on

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 11
SavageDruid
in reply to: brettgatti

It appears is just a display error. If I zoom way out the wipeouts often become transparent.  I must be a bug, rather than something I can fix. It is showing transparency occasionally.

Message 7 of 11
SavageDruid
in reply to: S.Faris

My organization prefers I not upload the file 😞

Thanks for offering the help.

Message 8 of 11
S.Faris

I understand your privacy concern. You don't have to upload the whole working file. Just WBLOCK the affected block. See if even that file has the same problem. if it does, only upload that WBLOCK file. This will help us in this community to narrow down the problem much easily than just doing the guess work.

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 9 of 11

Hi,

>> if I zoom WAY out things appear transparent

That sounds more like a display issue ... try turning off hardware acceleration (command _GRAPHICSCONFIG) and see if that works better then.

Also possible if something depends on zooming ... control your visual style, make sure it's set the "2D Wireframe" and not to any other vs-style.

>> Sheets plotted to paper are plotting transparent,

>> but not when plotted to PDF,

More strange is that you get this working with _PUBLISH, but not working with _PLOT

Which driver did you use for plotting to PDF? Have you tried to use another PDF driver from AutoCAD (like "AutoCAD PDF(General documentation).pc3") or a 3rd party printer like "PDFCreator" or similar free PDF print alternatives?

When you first started AutoCAD 2019 did you migrate settings from a previous version of AutoCAD?

A good test could be to login to your workstation with a different Windows user account (an account that had not started AutoCAD yet) and test the same again. This would help to see if it's an AutoCAD installation issue, or a AutoCAD profile (or Windows user profile) issue.

At least: at the place you have your dwg-file stored, make sure (for testing) that you don't have PC3, CTB, STB files saved. These could result in using different PC3 and so different results.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 10 of 11
alopezWTUNZ

Type: "Plot" then check the box next to ' plot paperspace last' .
this should fix your issue. 

Message 11 of 11

We experienced this same issue today.  After much gnashing of teeth and swearing at the computers, it was discovered that the "wipeout" had been changed to a defpoints layer within the block.  Once we changed it to a printable layer to match the block, the PDF printed as expected.

I realize you may have already solved your issue, but I hope to save some future user from frustration. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost