Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2019 freezing every few minutes.. possible graphics hardware issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ksenia.Eic
2324 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2019 freezing every few minutes.. possible graphics hardware issue

Hello all,

I have Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on an HP Z440 Workstation with a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v4 processor, 16GB of RAM. I installed AutoCAD 2019 at the beginning of the year and the last couple of days its been freezing for ~20-30 seconds at a time every 10minutes or so... Maybe even more frequently. It's really infuriating. I'm working on local files so its not a lag in a server. I was looking up online why this may be and saw that it may be a graphics card thing... so I went into my Device manager and made sure the driver (display adapter) was updated... After that my AutoCAD gave a message saying "Hardware Acceleration Disabled" (see attached). I went into these settings and enabled the accelerator and then closed and re-opened the problem. This may have happened since i updated the Display Adapter (NVIDIA Quadro M2000) or it could have been an issue I didn't notice from before - not sure...

Anyway, after that I'm experiencing the same problems. I tried going back into the Graphics Performance settings in cad and selected Intermediate Mode rather than Advanced Mode... but I don't really notice a difference. Any help?

I also attached the Tuner Log from when I received that Hardware Acceleration Disabled message (this was before I re-enabled the hardware acceleration and restarted AutoCAD)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
natasha.l
in reply to: Ksenia.Eic

Hello @Ksenia.Eic

This message will pop-up when you don't have a certified graphics card or the installed driver conflicts. Since you say you made sure to update the GC drivers, I would uninstall them & install the one below I have provided. 

AutoCAD Certified Driver: 

NVIDIA Quadro M2000 Driver

If you continue to have an issue proceed with the steps regarding the Database file outlined in this article: 

Warning: "Hardware Acceleration is on, however, you may experience some performance issues" in AutoC...

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Post a screenshot of your GRAPHICSCONFIG and ABOUT commands pop-ups please.

Message 4 of 7
Ksenia.Eic
in reply to: pendean

Here are the screenshots

Message 5 of 7
Ksenia.Eic
in reply to: natasha.l

The message hasn't come up since I restarted the program after i did the update so I'm guessing that was it... I tried doing what you said but it still seems to be the same. The link you copied seemed to suggest the same thing as you (looking for updates and installing a new driver)

Message 6 of 7
Ksenia.Eic
in reply to: natasha.l

Natashal89 This issue is not solved... The note indicating that my hardware accelerator wasn't working is gone (I believe it was just an issue of me updating it and then needing to restart AutoCAD) but AutoCAD is still freezing.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Set LINEFADING and LINESMOOTHING variables off and see if that helps. Usage explained in HELP.

If not... The circled area below has two other settings, try each. If still no relief, turn off at the arrow and see if that helps.

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost