Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018 - Not Regenerating

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
667 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 - Not Regenerating

I'm back to work after 2020 COVID work stoppage.  Trying to draft and my 2018 is not regenerating.  Entering text, drawings and snipping lines, etc. result in a mess - see screen snip below.

REGENAUTO is ON

REGENMODE is set to 1 (I see this is listed as "obsolete" in the AutoDesk help site)

Anything else?  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you try REGEN command?
How about REGENALL command?

That's how you force a regen, which you've always had to do sometimes so your video card can catch up with AutoCAD.

Otherwise... not sure what the screenshot is trying to show: explain? It just looks like you have "junk" there that needs to be removed, possibly a ProxyObject or something similar.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I was having to REGEN after every command as the screen littered up - that dog don't hunt.

Think I found a fix:  TOOLS/OPTIONS/SYSTEM/GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE/ and [Check] High Quality Geometry (for capable devices).   I haven't changed any of these settings in years, but this is working

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Then your video card is choking: did it add a new driver version since you last used it? Rolling back may fix it too if your option starts doing weird things.
Message 5 of 6
ParishSouthBdx
in reply to: pendean

regen3?

Message 6 of 6
ParishSouthBdx

things to consider.......

1. regen3
  2. ---viewres at 100 (until segmented circles and arcs are not acceptable, like for an office discussion with an associate.
  3.   i set the ISAVEPERCENT to 25 or lower even.  it may result in longer SAVES but I am at least navigating around the   3d environment as lite as possible.
  4. i've learned the hard way to respect the 3 golden rules--1-SAVE 2-SAVE 3-SAVE
  5. I run AUDIT and allow it to correct errors it finds
  6. I save ALL drawings with LAYER AND SPATIAL INDEXES.
  7. i periodically run TREESTAT, and keep an eye out on AVERAGE OBJECTS PER NODE to remain at 1.0 or less (under the MODEL SPACE BRANCH.  if it goes 0ver 1.0 i adjust TREEDEPTH.  the default is 3020, 30 represents the model space branch (OCT-TREE DEPTH LIMITS) and 20 the paper space branch (quad-tree depth limits).  Its the first two digits that i'm interested in.   i move the value in increments of 10.  thus 4020.   treedepth 4020.  and then I check the AVERAGE OBJECTS PER NODE again. and keep doing this until the value is <1,0.  this is ESPECIALLY useful when using XREFS.
  8. i use OVERKILL as needed.
  9. MAX computer on time without reboot, 1 week.]
  10. set WHIPTHREAD to 3, or per the no. of cores.
  11. if you keep SOLIDHIST, keep good housekeeping on it.  when necessary perform a BREP.
  12. PURGE.  
  13. IF using layer states, housekeeping applies there also. i've seen them pile up and make a very heavy load
  14. computer housekeeping temp internet files, temp files.......gone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report