2729 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 crashing with HP Spectre x360

I just purchased an HP Spectre x360 with the following specs:

HP Spectre x360 - 15t Touch Laptop
Product number: 2KD76AV

•HP Pen (dark ash silver)
•No DVD or CD Drive
•6-cell, 84 Wh Lithium-ion Battery
•Intel® Core™ i7-8705G (3.1 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 8MB cache, 4 cores) + Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics (4GB dedicated memory)
•HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone (dark ash silver)(for i7-8705G)
•15.6" diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge BrightView WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass (3840 x 2160)
•16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2x8GB)
•256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
•Windows 10 Pro 64
•Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with integrated numeric keypad (Dark Ash Silver)
•Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo

AutoCAD 2018 keeps crashing the machine at non regular intervals (sometimes days in between freezing and other times hours or minutes).  Are the specs of this machine up to the task of AutoCAD 2018 with simple 2D drafting?!?!?  I have all updates on HPs end up to date.  It seems as though my older HP Laptop handles Acad2018 with much more ease and with no crashes.  This Spectre is 2x the cost and 2x the machine.  What gives?!?!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: ralphcmorrone

Hi @ralphcmorrone,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

have you been able to submit a CER report? If so, please give me the report number. I would also like to see an NFO from your system if possible.  Please also verify that your OS if fully updated along with your AutoCAD 2018.

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 9
john.vellek

HI @ralphcmorrone,

I haven't seen you come back to this issue. If you are still having problems, I am happy to help if you can provide the details I requested.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 9
ralphcmorrone
in reply to: john.vellek

John- is there anyway we can chat about this over the phone.  You lost me regarding what you are looking for.  I am fairly technical in nature but those acronyms lost me...

the only thing that has worked is my turning off my graphics acceleration in AutoCAD.  I would be happy to call you if that is possible.  thanks!

Ralph

@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @ralphcmorrone,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

have you been able to submit a CER report? If so, please give me the report number. I would also like to see an NFO from your system if possible.  Please also verify that your OS if fully updated along with your AutoCAD 2018.

If your data needs to be private or confidential, please email it directly to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and please include a link to this thread in your email.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

CER: Customer Error Reporting as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Reporting.html When AutoCAD crashes, there should be a pop-up that you put your email address into then send the error report to Autodesk. Did that happen?

NFO: John made that into a link that explains that process, here is the full link that you may have missed https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Obtainin...

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I’m having issues where Im able to use the program for about 2-5 minutes before it crashes and my computer shuts down. I need help because I need the program for my class.

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 8 of 9
cameron22XQW
in reply to: pendean

Hi there,

I'm looking at the HP Spectre x360 15-df1004na and see that there was an issue with the 15T crashing. Did this get resolved? And would experienced users recommend this HP laptop or could you recommend another HP laptop please?
Many thanks
Cameron

Message 9 of 9

I have a hard time getting behind the product that I have from HP Spectre
for MEP design engineering. The machine is failing with graphics card,
processor, Windows, updates, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft office bundle, etc.
Maybe HP has worked it out since I purchased this model in July of 2018,
but do not buy that vintage and model that I have from that year. Updates
fix one thing and 2 more pop up. Terrible.

Ralph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost