Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017: Zoom extents does not zoom completely in pasted copy of the DWG

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
babicdusko
728 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD 2017: Zoom extents does not zoom completely in pasted copy of the DWG

I had a drawing with a few empty layers that couldn't be purged so I copied all the elements, opened a new acadiso.dwt and pasted (to original coordinates) which solved the issue. Now, when using Zoom>Extents with a new file it does not zoom out completely, while it's working fine in a "bloated" file. In layout tab everything works fine. I'm super curious what could be the issue? I'm attaching screenshots.

***THE POST TITLE HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY***

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: babicdusko

To confirm, this small amount of space is of concern/topic of your post, nothing else, correct?

pendean_0-1671488235194.png

Message 3 of 13
babicdusko
in reply to: pendean

Correct, it's not much but I'm quite curious what might be the issue. As you can see in the third photo, everything works fine in the layout tab.

Message 4 of 13
cadffm

Hi @babicdusko 

If you had already shared your DWG with us, you would probably already have the answer.

I can imagine multiple things about what's going on, but they are very speculative and

so I'd rather look it up (DWG / or a stripped copy which you tested before upload) than try to explain it for you to check.

Sebastian

Message 5 of 13
pendean

@babicdusko wrote:

Correct, it's not much but I'm quite curious what might be the issue.

Most of us would prefer your "problem" image, but hey 😉

Please share both DWG files here, let someone else dive into them to help ID it for you if that is an option.

Message 6 of 13
babicdusko

No problem at all, not in the office at the moment, will share later. Thanks

Message 7 of 13
babicdusko

Here are both files. The one with "copy" suffix is having the issue. Strangely, before attaching files here I opened both, tried once again and to my surprise the copy was working completely fine. I reopened the "copy" and the mentioned issue was there again, so there's something wrong and erroneous with it. Thanks

Message 8 of 13
pendean

Any reason your content is so far away from 0,0,0 in both files? about 8-millionish units away

pendean_0-1671567096498.png

Message 9 of 13
babicdusko

No reason - I picked a drawing from a partner and followed up.

Message 10 of 13
pendean

@babicdusko Move your content's lower-left corner back to 0,0,0 and see if your issues go away (do this with both files).
Message 11 of 13
babicdusko

The issues persists.

Message 12 of 13
cadffm

EDITED:

The issue is your current view setting: Command _VIEW

look at camera point and compare with other files.

Nothing to do with the content, nothing to do with you copy&paste,

The problem comes with copy&paste of your ROTATED images!

Looks like a bug in the program.

Change rotation to 0 and it works without that issue.

check the source of the "new file" you used, perhaps the issue was there before you pasted

or you did something to change it after your pasting!?

(sorry, no time to explain to reset the view setting, search for it or wait for another helper if you can't solve it)

Sebastian

Message 13 of 13
babicdusko

You got it. I can see camera and target coordinates are off and original drawing had a roll angle but I haven't figured out how to reset it - seems I'll have to work on building my knowledge in the camera/views/plan area. Do you have and good resources to recommend? I copied elements to a new drawing and everything works fine though. Thanks a lot!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report