Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 trying to get from RGB to Pantone

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ian1196
1625 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 trying to get from RGB to Pantone

I have a color in my drawing. I know its RGB values. In AutoCAD, there are several books showing Pantone colors of various characteristics. I pick a characteristic close to my needs (Pantone + solid coated). For each Pantone, there are RGB values listed. There are thousands of Pantone colors in some order I do not understand. How do I sort the Pantones so I can pick out my RGB? Or is there a way to go from RGB to Pantone in AutoCAD?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: ian1196

Hi @ian1196,

If I am understanding your question correctly, there is no way I know of to pick an index color , switch to a Pantone color book and have it automatically calculate the closest equivalent.  I would find this a rather unusual workflow.

In my experience, I would be working the other direction. I would start with a Pantone color that represents an exact spot color, pick it in the color book and then I would see the RGB equivalent to the right side.

Capture.PNG

You can type in the Pantone number in the color field to speed this process up.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: ian1196

Hoi @ian1196,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost