Did you mean: 

Autocad 2010 Compatibility with Windows 10

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
78651 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad 2010 Compatibility with Windows 10

Is Autocad Architecture 2010 compatible with Windows 10?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

officially it is not supported. If you make sure that Framework 3.5 is active within your Windows 10 it might work (I got Civil 3D 2010 working with some minor issues).

The most secure way would be to install a virtual system like Virtual Box (>>>click<<<, free) or VmWare Player (>>>click<<<, free for private use), use Windows 7x64 and do your installation inside that system.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
pendean

If all the above tips fail you might be able to buy a fix from these folks http://www.longbowsoftware.com
Message 4 of 11
adamandgail

I just had a similar issue... Hope someone has an idea. I use Autocad Arch Desktop 2010. pdfattach has worked fine for YEARS... Had a tech guy clean up my system today and know (for sure) he removed ABBYY FineReader, I also don't have Adobe reader. Up to now I've used PDF EXchange viewer as my default pdf viewer.

Anyway - after the tech guy 'cleaned up' my comp --- In autocad drawings NONE of my previously attached pdfs load now. And pdfattach - while 'appearing' to work - just attaches a single line. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Message 5 of 11

Hi,

>> I just had a similar issue.

Similar issue to what? There was no issue mentioned here, just the question about compatibiliy of AutoCAD Architecture 2010 with Windows 10.

I guess you meant another thread, please let us know which thread you wanted to add your question and (hopefully) an admin/moderator will move your post.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 11
pendean
in reply to: adamandgail

2010 versions of AutoCAD are not supported or designed for Win10 http://autode.sk/1IY4C2X

Appears the "cleanup" did more damage that it should have: might be time to reinstall ADT2010.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Here is what worked for me. I Installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and then AutoCAD LT 2010 for one of my user only to realize it wasn't working. Errors were unable load profile file, an issue migration file, cannot find acadlt, etc... Then I tried this, 

• Went to another ACAD LT user with windows 7 then exported AutoCAD LT 2010 settings (It is in all programs, Autodesk, migration settings)
  • Transferred the Zip file to Windows 10 user then imported the settings (same location)
  • No errors so far! Working as expected. 
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

i all ready try , but its not work?

autocad installed but it not work.

please help me

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I just checked yesterday with Autodesk by phone.  AutoCAD will work with Windows 10 only if a subscription service.  I was advised that no individually licensed/owned AutoCAD will operate with anything later than Windows 7.

Message 10 of 11
roysEVAXS

Can anyone from AutoDesk confirm this fact? 

I have a need to get off of Windows 7, however, we still have a project using AC2010. 

If there is a way to migrate on-prem license keys to a subscription service, I would like to hear more about this. 

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: roysEVAXS

As I said yesterday, and I do not work for AutoDesk, but I spent some many minutes waiting on hold and then did finally get what I do consider a very receptive and friendly response.  I was told in no uncertain terms that they do not sponsor any more privately owned AutoCAD programs as of Windows 10.  Back in the day, I had upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and AutoCAD would sort of work, but many of the commands would not.  So I went through a process that Windows had at the time of restoring 7, which Microsoft did for me, as there was apparently a 30-day restoration process.  So be careful and I have no idea if Microsoft will ever again restore Windows 7 from what once was a free upgrade to 10.    The last few days, as in some seven or eight years since, I found the following, which I intend to explore but have not as yet -- longbowsoftware.com claims to have software that might make AutoCAD compatible with Windows 10.  And vintagecad.com claims to still have versions of AutoCAD LT 2010 & 2015 available for purchase:

http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Converter.php

https://vintagecad.com/AutoCAD-LT/autocad-lt-2015.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5cScl4Kr2wIVE1mGCh28-AOhEAY...

Jim Gibbs, Architect

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report