Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Vivobook f510UA for AutoCAD?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
reigna.iheme
2115 Views, 3 Replies

Asus Vivobook f510UA for AutoCAD?

I’m trying to buy an inexpensive laptop for college that can run AutoCAD and Civil 3d, and possibly Revit. It would be great to find one around $500-$600 dollars. Would the ASUS VivoBook F510UA with a 8GB RAM, 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 1000 GB mechanical hard drive, and Windows 10 work? What if I added 256 GB storage to the laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

it depends how big your projects are and how often you need the CAD software.

From my point of view: working every day with Civil 3D and/or Revit on mid range projects you'll need

• more power from the processor side
  • a graphic card (as you don't have listed one I guess this system has only the Intel HD)
  • probably more than 8GB memory.

Sorry for that bad news, but doing a job means using the correct tools (which also means in that case a powerful workstation). Compare it that you want to have a 600$ car to do a ful time transportation job, you lose too much efficiency to reach the profit side.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

Get an SSD, a platter drive isn't going to cut it, and spend more for something with decent graphics as the above poster mentioned.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: reigna.iheme

That's an underpowered laptop, good only for very light CAD duties and a lot of time waiting for things to happen (aka waste of your time): read the system requirements for each of your programs to see where you actually need to be at the low end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost