Did you mean: 

Always load a auto lisp

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
gotphish001
6558 Views, 6 Replies

Always load a auto lisp

When you appload a lisp it asks you if you always want to load it or just once. I usually only load always if it's something I constantly use that and I like to make sure a lisp works without problems before I do that too. I have a lisp that I was only loading once, but now I want to load it always. I don't get the dialog box that asks any more however. How to I get it to load always or get the dialog that asks back to pick that option?  

I know there is a way to make autocad re-ask you all the questions that you checked the box for don't ask this again. I can not for the life of me find where that is or find my bookmark that talks about that. I know I have done it before when I was fixing my geo maps issue.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: gotphish001

HI,

if i understand you right ..... APPLOAD command >> startup Suite . 

Message 3 of 7
ВeekeeCZ

Check Options/System tab

There are General Options with Hidden Messages Settings

and also Security setting. Lower the level if you mind that loading dialog.

Message 4 of 7
gotphish001
in reply to: ВeekeeCZ

I thought those were it, but I can't get them to make a difference. On some lisps I get the dialog box in the image below. However I do not get this dialog for the lisp that I want to always load now.

Capture.JPG

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 5 of 7
ВeekeeCZ

How about add the file path between trusted locations?

Message 6 of 7
Kent1Cooper

@gotphish001 wrote:

.... On some lisps I get the dialog box in the image below. However I do not get this dialog for the lisp that I want to always load now.

That's not asking whether you want it always loaded whenever AutoCAD is started or a drawing is opened.  It's asking whether you always want to accept  loading of it when you explicitly go after it with something like APPLOAD, without being asked for a confirmation, despite its being from a non-verified source in a non-trusted location.  But you still need to ask for it to be loaded every time -- it just won't ask for the OK to load it once you've picked that option for it.

The one you "want to always load now" is probably either in a trusted location, or you've previously picked the Always Load option for it, either of which would explain why it doesn't ask that any more.

If you want something loaded every time you start AutoCAD or open a drawing, you can have an acaddoc.lsp file always load it, with a (load) or (autoload) function, or as already mentioned you can put it in the Startup Suite.  Or if it's in plain AutoLisp code [i.e. not some compiled format that you can't get into], you can include that code directly within acaddoc.lsp itself.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 7
gotphish001
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

I guess it helps if you actually read the dialog boxes. haha It's been popping up for so long on some lisp that I apparently just thought it said something else.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost