ACAD PROXY ENTITY Problems

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
96486 Views, 17 Replies

ACAD PROXY ENTITY Problems

Hello,

I've received and drawing with some ACAD PROXY ENTITIES and i see i cant do anything with them: no deleting, no moving.... I exploded them but the entity is still there. I can't delete.

Anyone has had the problem too? Can them be delete or something?

thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

When you first open the drawing, a popup box shows that there are Proxy objects.  If you look in the list you will see the applications that were used to create the proxies.  Can you share that list?  You can install object enablers to better work with the entities.

If you share the file I can take a look at it for you too.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 18
cadffm

"Anyone has had the problem too? Can them be delete or something?"

This is determined by the application manufacturer.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 4 of 18
pendean

Ask the person that send you the file(s) to "export to autocad" and send you that new file(s).

Proxy Entities show up when you do not have the correct AutoCAD variant the file creator used to create the drawing.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello  

Here you have an example.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hello 

Message 7 of 18
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

When I open the file I see that the geometry is indeed a set of Proxy objects created in Civil 3D.

So I installed the Civil 3D object enabler and did an Exporttoautocad.

Please check the attached file.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Message 9 of 18
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, they list as Proxy objects but you can explode them and they will turn into regular objects.

Yes, you can download object enablers for each specific version of AutoCAD that you are using from your Account page.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 18
m_latz

For the sake of the completeness, it must be mentioned that it is also possible to explode the proxy entities with ObjectARX (small program) without the need of the different object enabler.

regards

Markus

Message 11 of 18
pendean
in reply to: m_latz

@m_latz wrote:

For the sake of the completeness, it must be mentioned that it is also possible to explode the proxy entities with ObjectARX (small program) without the need of the different object enabler

Or just use AECTOACAD command to do the same, or the DWGTRUECONVERT ool found in the always-free DWGTRUEVIEW software from Autodesk.

Message 12 of 18
m_latz

I did not know that I can explode proxy entities with DWG convert from DWG TrueView.

And I just take a look at DWG TrueView 2019 and DWG convert 2019.

Can you give me please a hint were I can find that option ?

regards

Markus

Message 13 of 18
pendean
in reply to: m_latz

Capture.PNG 

Message 14 of 18
m_latz

I know that, but where is the option to explode proxy entities ?

regards

Markus

Message 15 of 18
kkuldeep142

Hi 

It may be too late for you guys.

You can save drawing as dxf format and all entities will become 3d polylines.

Hope It helped you.

Cheers.

Message 16 of 18

And now it's even LATER, but no, this is not universally true. I have a file that includes Object entities created by something called CloudWorx, and saving it out to DXF does absolutely nothing. The Object entity is still there and still prevents binding the XREF to the original DWG file.

Message 17 of 18
m_latz

You can try to install the CADWorx object enabler, that should work. You can download from the manufacturer here:

CADWorx_Object_Enabler_2020_R2.zip for AutoCAD 20xx

regards

Markus

Message 18 of 18
pendean
in reply to: william.polhemus

@william.polhemus wrote:

And now it's even LATER, but no, this is not universally true. I have a file that includes Object entities created by something called CloudWorx, and saving it out to DXF does absolutely nothing. The Object entity is still there and still prevents binding the XREF to the original DWG file.

pendean_0-1661867792850.png

pendean_1-1661867851022.png

https://leica-geosystems.com/en-us/products/laser-scanners/software/leica-cloudworx/leica-cloudworx-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report