Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dclip does not work

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
yaofeng
1500 Views, 18 Replies

3dclip does not work

All of a sudden I found the 3dclip command does not work. What gives? I am using AutoCAD 2015.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: yaofeng

Is the problem in only one file?
Other files?
Have you restarted AutoCAD to make sure it's not a temporary hiccup?
Message 3 of 19
yaofeng
in reply to: pendean

It occurs on every file. On viewports I previously cut using the 3dclip command it just sit there in the model space. I made sure the viewport was not locked also.

Message 4 of 19
john.vellek

HI yaofeng,

I am wondering if this is due to a graphics card driver update. Can you try the following and post your results on whether it helped or not with the problem?

1. Type the command GRAPHICSCONFIG (or access the Graphics Performance dialog box from Status Bar)
  2. Uncheck the option "High quality geometry (for capable devices)

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 19
yaofeng
in reply to: john.vellek

There is no such option. Please see screen shot attached.

Message 6 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @yaofeng,

Please try turning off the Hardware Acceleration to see if that helps.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 19
yaofeng

Did turn off the graphic hardware acceleration. Same thing. See files attached.
Message 8 of 19
yaofeng

Second screenshot.
Message 9 of 19
yaofeng

Were the files not attached? Here they are again.

Message 10 of 19
john.vellek

Hi Yaofeng,

Your file attachments didn't come through - can you try putting them into a ZIP file  first?

Does your AutoCAD have all the hotfixes and service packs installed? (link here)

I would also like you to try building a new user account on your workstation with Full Administrator permissions. Please log onto your workstation with this account and let me know if the problem persists. You are also welcome to attach a sample file for me to look at.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 19
yaofeng

Logged in to AC360 now. Don't know if uploading a file helps as it appears to be global on my laptop, i.e. any and all CAD files I created have this same problem. One is attached. If you can 3dclip the dwg file I uploaded the problem must be with my AutoCAD installation.

Problem is I am currently out of the country where internet is slow. I don't see a way to reinstall.

Message 12 of 19
yaofeng

Downloaded AutoCAD 2015 SP1. My laptop says I need net 4.5 installed which only my network administrator can do. So I am stuck until I go back home, either tomorrow or the day after.

Message 13 of 19
yaofeng

I downloaded .net 4.5 trying to install. Windows tells me I already have .net 4.6 installed and would not allow it. So another road block.

I will follow up when I go back home.

Message 14 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @yaofeng,

Yes, you will need to uninstall .Net 4.6 in order to get 4.5 installed. Here is an AKN Article that might help

John Vellek

Message 15 of 19
john.vellek

Hi yaofeng,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or if you need additional assistance or information. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 16 of 19
yaofeng

I came home this morning. Started up my laptop and opened AutoCAD. 3dclip worked again.

This led me to believe AutoCAD functionality is somehow linked to the web which I found strange. I was in Trinidad and Tobago. Internet was slow. But I have a standalone AutoCAD license on my laptop.

In any case it is fine now. But this is something I think still needs to be resolved.

Message 17 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @yaofeng,

I am glad that this is now functioning properly for you again. Please tell me if you were working on only the one laptop during all of this or if we are talking about more than one computer.

John Vellek

Message 18 of 19
yaofeng

I was working on my laptop only. It has a stand alone license. No other computer was involved.

Message 19 of 19
yaofeng

I did not mention while overseas I uninstalled .net 4.6. Installed .net 4.5. Installed AutoCAD 2015 SP1 and SP2 plus a hot fix related to sectioning which I thought relevant. After the exercise 3dclip still did not work. 

It worked once I came home.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost