3d dwg to pdf, particular area only

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
409 Views, 4 Replies

3d dwg to pdf, particular area only

Hello, Forum

I am a rookie at AutoCAD and I need to save just a part of my 3d scheme in a pdf file. I was a little surprised, that this doesn't happen with export command, buth rather with ctrl+p.

However I have seen some people hitting ctrl+p and then open some menu, where you can actually mark the part of your 3d sketch and after that this exactly marked part is on the pdf. I cannot find the way to do it by myself. When I try to put the desired part of my 3d sketch at the center and hit ctrl+p the pdf file is always misaligned with what I firstly intended to place in it.

This irritates me a lot and I am sure it is something easy to find out, but I cannot. Please, help me to deal my problem. 🙂 If anything is unclear on my question, I will be here to clerify.

I use AutoCAD 2009, but I guess the same things apply for the newest versions.

Thanks and best regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

When you start the plot command, you have an option of what to plot. You can select Extents, Layout, Display, and Window. I suggest that for what you are describing, you might want to use Window.

You will also see a place to select paper size and scale.  If you take a screen capture of that window i am happy to make additional suggestions. It has been quite a while since I had that version installed and I hope the image will refresh my memory of other items that control the output.

[EDIT] There are additional ways to get your drawing to a PDF.  You might consider exploring PaperSpace and Viewports (let me know if you need more than the Help on these topics and I can try to find resources for you).

If you can attach a sample drawing I can help you through the PDF process.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
imadHabash

Hi,

>> some people hitting ctrl+p and then open some menu, where you can actually mark the part of your 3d sketch  <<

maybe you mean (from plot dialog) the Window way .

gg.png

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or Imad's helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

If you can attach a sample file and perhaps outline the desired outcome of the print process I am happy to help.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Tank you, dear John and dear Imad. This works completely fine and I have accepted your answers as solutions and kudoed them just now. I am, sadly, a little busy and not being around the last couple of days is because of that. Excuse me for the inconvenience.

And about this topic, since it is already answered, I guess it is fine to lock it up.

Thank you, guys and take care. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report