Did you mean: 

2016: Selecting multiple grips not working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
darawork
5941 Views, 7 Replies

2016: Selecting multiple grips not working

Hi, basically trying to select multiple grips while holding shift is not working. Not even the first grip turns red.

Anyone any clues as to the solution? I have searched the boards, but no luck. Seems to be quite a rare occurance.

Supposid methodology: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCA...

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: darawork

Can you select multiple 'anything' in AutoCAD by chance?
Are you using plain AutoCAD 2016 from that suite, or something else? In plain AutoCAD 2016 I can pick multiple grips all day long, so help me recreate your condition.
Message 3 of 8
darawork
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

I am using vanilla AutoCad 2016 from the Building Suite Premium package.

I just tried to use shift to add to any selection, but that doesn't work either.

I have tried PICKADD '0' and '1', no difference. I also tried to manually overide the PICKADD varible by placing a tick in the 'SHIFT to add to selection' box in Options/Selection dialogue. Still no difference.

Normally when I am making a selection set, to remove from the selection set I will input 'r' then remove objects.

I've been away on holidays for two weeks, then installed 2016 straight on my return so I may have forgotten to do something really obvious. But selecting multiple grips has always worked by holding down shift, I can't imagine something has changed so that that functionality is disabled on first run of a new AutoCad release.

Example workflow:

I drew a rectangle, selected it with a crossing window to reveal the grips, held down SHIFT and when hovering over one of it's four Blue Grips I get a '-' badge symbol beside the cursor and cannot even select the first grip that I am hovering over.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 4 of 8
darawork

I just tried SHIFT selecting multiple grips on one of the other AutoCad 2016 workstations here in the office, and it works as normal.

So it must just be my installation that is acting wierd.

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 5 of 8
darawork

Fixed it: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/selecting-multiple-grips/m-p/1283181

I have Raster Design 2016 installed, and under the 'Raster' menu / options / User Preferance / Mouse Settings.... It had 'SHIFT+Left Click image select' turned on.

I turned it off, and now normal grip selection functionality in AutoCad 2016 has returned. 🙂

Perhaps there should be a line added to the AutoCad 2016 help menu page ( http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCA... ) Stating this 'clash' may happen if both products are installed?

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL 1 

Message 7 of 8
Ephippus

Thanks Darawork, saved me much time.

On 2017 the 'Shift+Left Click Select' is on the far right of the 'Raster Tools' tab in the 'Snap' panel.

Message 8 of 8
rpowell

I discovered that if you have an image attached the CTRL selection doesn't work.  It kept telling me 1 image(s) found.  So, I detached the image and the CTRL selection worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost