Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 layer of xref file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
380 Views, 2 Replies

0 layer of xref file

I have some lines in 0 layer in xref file. Now I want to show them up through the current layer but it doesn't work.

When I turn on and thaw 0 layer, lines on it (drawn in current file) shows up, but lines on 0 layer in xref doesn't.

Could anybody explain this to me? I want all things in 0 layer shows up!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

recommended practice is to not use layer 0 for drawing.  this is one of the reasons why.  There is only one layer 0, you dont get an xref layer 0.

reading your statement, "When I turn on and thaw 0 layer, lines on it (drawn in current file) shows up, but lines on 0 layer in xref doesn't."

can you clarify, provide a screencast or example drawings?  The typical behavior is, that if layer 0 is on, anything within the base file should be on, as well as anything on layer 0 in the working file.  what layer is your xref inserted on?  that could affect it as well.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 3
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Please read and understand chris answer, use your own Layers! not System-layers to draw.
The issue you have found is a special feature of Layer0 for nested Objects in Blocks &Xrefs.
Its like "ByBlock" for the objects Layerproperty, but i am not sure if you can understand my english answer in this point.

Objects on Layer0 in Blocks(and Xref) swapt to the insertion-layer of Blockreference/External Reference.

Editey my typos

Sebastian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report