AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Custom Materials in AutoCAD 2013 for Mac?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pjnewt
5241 Views, 4 Replies

Creation of Custom Materials in AutoCAD 2013 for Mac?

The biggest disappointment I had with AutoCAD 2012 for Mac was the fact that I couldn't create custom materials to be mapped onto 3D objects.  After way to much searching on the AutoDesk site and far more questions directed to the forums and another support conduit, I finally found the one line statement along the lines of "custom material creation wasn't supported in the MAC 2012 version".  Wow.  Makes my purchase shelfware.

With the new AutoCAD 2013 it sounds like they are combining their marketing of the PC and the MAC version again but I don't want to be caught again so the simple question is "does AutoCAD 2013 for Mac support creation of custom materials?" 

PS.  As a new user to AutoCAD it toom me months to be able to ask that question.  Any help would be great.  I can't even find a conduit to ask this question directly to AutoDesk.  Isn't this something that they should be able to handle?  Point me in the right direction will be helpful too.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: pjnewt

Hi,

2013 ... still no support for creation of custom materials in AC for Mac.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
pjnewt
in reply to: maxim_k

I wonder what the problem is?  No code translators, OS problems, stupid software engineers, stubbon mgt?

This really sux.

Thanks for the cut though.  That ends my interest in AC until they get Mac versions straightened out and I can go the upgrade route.

Message 4 of 5
kristin.andreassen

I have spent a lot of time trying to find out the same thing. Is it not possible to use materials, colour and texture in the Mac-version?

Kristin

Message 5 of 5
pjnewt

It is not possible to CREATE materials...ie use your own images.  You can't bring a custom image into any library because the MATERIAL BROWSER for Mac 2012 does not have the ability to add the custom image.  You only have access to the locked library that is provided,  As for modifiying the materials provided in terms of texture, I don't know but I believe there is some canned modification ablities. 

Here the distinction is modifcation of the locked library provided materials vs. bringing in a custom material.  Answers being probably to the first, and no to the second.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost