AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying/importing layouts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thejaydarwin
8512 Views, 3 Replies

copying/importing layouts

I found a way to copy layouts from one drawing into another. It can be found here

Following the directions in this post gave me exactly what I wanted: To copy a layout, with all of its paperspace contents, out of one drawing into a new one. The blog was written with with windows users in mind, but it works exactly the same for the Mac. I use AutoCAD for Mac 2011 on a 15" MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I've seen where a couple of others have been looking for a similar workaround. Hope this helps y'all out.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mtbinary
in reply to: thejaydarwin

This was what I was trying to figure out. (Please don't ridicule me... I'm going to need a lot of help.) Funny link though! Academy awards and copying Layers to new files? Who'da thunk?

Now, off to find out how to use the drawings in Photoshop...

Message 3 of 4
friml
in reply to: thejaydarwin

I don't have such an option in right-click-on-layout-tab context menu in my 21LT. Although, I could access it through the menuInsert > Layout > Layout from Template.

Cheers.

Message 4 of 4
interwebspecial
in reply to: friml

Thanks!!  right click on the layout tab (AutoCAD LT 2024) did not work either, but I could insert the layout easily using your Insert menu instructions. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost