AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting lineweights in print on a mac

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
338 Views, 4 Replies

Setting lineweights in print on a mac

Hi,

So I'm trying to change the lineweights in print on a mac.  My instructor has posted videos, but they are for PC.  Would anyone be able to give me step by step instructions on how to change the lineweight for some layers but not others?  I used the layers setting and created two layers but am at a stand still once I get to this window.  

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 9.35.35 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You set your desired lineweights here, you assign them to layers through LAYER command, and to objects (if you want them differently from their layers) by using PROPERTIES command.

Capture.PNG

Ask your instructor for more guidance and double-check if they intended you to use STB plot style tables and not CTB ones.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

How do I specify which layer I want bolder than the other in the print command section?  Would you be able to post more screenshots?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Start HELP in your MAC version and read the part about Plot Styles when you search for the page titled LAYERS PALETTE https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/E...
Message 5 of 5
maxim_k

Hi Fiona,

After you create Plot Styles with different lineweights, and assign Plot Style table to current Page Setup:

2019-10-31_07-08-29.png

You will bw able to assign Plot Styles you created to Layers in your drawing.

Go to Layers Palette and look for Plot Style column, it is not there by default so you need:

2019-10-31_07-01-44.png

Now you should be able to assign one of newly created Plot Styles to Layer:

2019-10-31_07-03-40.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report