AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving a trial AutoCAD for Mac drawing for later viewing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1561 Views, 6 Replies

Saving a trial AutoCAD for Mac drawing for later viewing

Hello,

I have the free trial for AutoCAD 2016 for Mac right now. It should be expiring soon, but I have made a drawing that I wish to keep saved after my free trial is up. Is there a way for me to save this drawing to a hard drive and then be able to view on any computer? Or does the computer I am trying to view it on also need AutoCAD?

(Also on this AutoCAD file, I have texts and images that I have to zoom in on to see because the picture is quite large. If there is a way to save the drawing, is there a way to be able to zoom in on those portions as well?) 

Please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks!

Adam

@Anonymous

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: Saving a drawing on a free trial (?)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

yes you can save to your harddrive, you can open your file to any computer, yes you need autocad software if you need to do something with your drawings but if you want  just to view you can download autodesk DWG trueview.

you wrote

I have texts and images that I have to zoom in on to see because the picture is quite large. If there is a way to save the drawing, is there a way to be able to zoom in on those portions as well?) 

yes

thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 7
imadHabash

Hi,

>> I wish to keep saved after my free trial is up.

when you save it ...all of your works will be saved and you can get it whenever you need . 

>> Is there a way for me to save this drawing to a hard drive and then be able to view on any computer?

you can save it where ever you want and you can view it in any other computer that can read your format type .

>> Please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. 

uninstall AutoCAD from your computer didn't mean that your drawing will be damaged . <dwg extension files can be read from any other AutoCAD software that match it's format type . 

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
pendean

I think everyone missed the point about you being on a MAC.

There is no free viewer software for a MAC from Autodesk to install after the fact. If you just want to look at your file you can use the free web viewer https://viewer.autodesk.com/

If you want to do more than just look at it there are dwg-compatible CAD programs to use on your MAC if you are not going to subscribe to AutoCAD for Mac.

Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

Hi Adam,

>>>> is there a way to be able to zoom in on those portions as well?
Yes, you need to create named views with VIEW command, then you can simply navigate between these views.

If you need free DWG viewer for macOS, you can try to use this one:

https://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad/viewer/

It works for me fine.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

As @maxim_k indicated, there are some Mac Cad viewer applications available.  You also have the option of printing your drawing(s) to PDF and that might allow you the most flexibility.  Please let me know if you need help doing this and I am happy to help.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 7
jayhar

Hello friend

The trial software is no different than the software used with a paid license, other than it expires at some point.
You can save any drawing file and use a reader or other CAD software (such as BricsCAD perhaps?) to view and edit the same drawing file at any point down the road.

To view on *any* computer, you'll need some kind of CAD viewer, such as Autodesk DWG Trueview, or BricsCAD Shape, or Bentley View, etc. (Autodesk also has an online viewer, where you upload your DWG to them, then it displays in the browser)

You could also print the drawing to PDF if you just want to send the drawing to others who do not have a CAD viewer and don't want to install one.
Just keep the DWG file, because the PDF does not contain the same intelligence as the DWG file. It's just a print.

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost