AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Manager Time Travel?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mico5
297 Views, 2 Replies

Reference Manager Time Travel?

I noticed changes in my base file aren't propagating into my plot sheet - new layers aren't appearing and such. Xref's are attached.

So I ran purge and audit and found two objects CAD erased. Tried again to reload the xref but still no change.

So I detached the file and re-attached. Here, I noticed the time stamp on the base file *in the Xref Manager attachment dialogue* is from earlier in the afternoon. However *Mac Finder* shows the file saved more than four hours later.

So save, close and restart.

Try again, no luck.

Try just starting a new plot sheet from scratch. Same problem. It's as if the cache is stuck somewhere (?), but I've restarted three times now.

Is there a system variable that would cause this behavior that may have accidentally toggled? I'm at a loss. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: mico5

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

On screenshots you provided I can see that you are selecting different files.

On the first screenshot the file 1702_LB-01.DWG is inside
.../1702-2240 Market St./DRAWINGS/AUTOCAD folder.

But on the second screenshot the file with the same name 1702_LB-01.DWG is inside
.../1702-2240 Market St./AUTOCAD folder.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
mico5
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim, thanks for catching this! There were two directories in the working folder and I couldn't see it - problem solved.

My hopes were elevated but it's just a file pathing issue and not actual time travel. 😕 Oh well, back to work.

Thanks again and here's hoping my next post is a good one.

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost