AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Strange black lines appearing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1115 Views, 7 Replies

Problem: Strange black lines appearing

Hi,

I'm a begginer user of AutoCad for Mac and I got this issue (I don't really know if it's a real issue or just an option):

immagine.png

As you can see there are a lot of black lines that appear every time i draw a line or if I cancel it. Can someone help me?

Also: how can I put the meseure's text always outside compared to my draw?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Piergiorgio,

Can you specify AutoCAD version you are using, your Mac model and macOS installed on your Mac?
You can try to turn off line smoothing by setting system variable LINESMOOTHING=0 (off):
at the command prompt type LINESMOOTHING and hit Return, then type OFF and hit return again.

>>>>Also: how can I put the meseure's text always outside compared to my draw?
Not sure I understand your question correctly. Can you illustrate with screenshot what result you want to get?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I had already tried turn off linesmoothing but nothing changed... im using a Mac Pro 15 2019, Catalina v. 10.15.2., AutoCad 2020 for Student and educator.

those lines appear when i draw over an imported image as i am doing now. Another photo:

Schermata 2020-01-15 alle 21.47.53.pngif i zoom in  /out all these black lines disappear, but anytime i make a line (or also a ricle, an arc....) or i delete they appear again.

The other question:

Schermata 2020-01-15 alle 21.38.34.pngThank you

Message 4 of 8
vinodkl

Hi,

Sometimes you do get those strange lines when you are drawing over the attachment. You could try turning off the 3DCONFIG and see if that helps.

And regarding the dimension text, you have defined the text to be above the dimension line in DIMSTYLE. If you want to move the text click on the dimension and and select the text grip and press CTRL and you will get option to move only the dimension text. Learn more about it here Modifying Dimension Text 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: vinodkl

Hi @vinodkl
>>>>You could try turning off the 3DCONFIG and see if that helps.
It is not possible to turn off Hardware acceleration on Mac.
@Anonymous
Vinod is right, when you draw over raster image (or PDF attachment) you can see some graphics artifacts, quick zooming in-out with mouse wheel should clear such artifacts.

About dimensions - see the answer from Vinod above.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
vinodkl
in reply to: maxim_k

>>It is not possible to turn off Hardware acceleration on Mac.<<

@maxim_k  Oh sorry about that. I have used AutoCAD for MAC just a couple a times and I never knew that there was no option to turn hardware acceleration off😅 Good to know about that now😉

ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you for all yours suggestions, but nothing changed.. when I use AutoCad on windows I don't have these "issues". 

Another question: do you know how I can make the "splines" look smoother?

Message 8 of 8
maxim_k

>>>> when I use AutoCad on windows I don't have these "issues".
Which issues?

>>>>Another question: do you know how I can make the "splines" look smoother?
Try to use VIEWRES command:
Command: VIEWRES
Do you want fast zooms? [Yes/No] <Y>: Y
Enter circle zoom percent (1-20000) <1000>: 20000
Regenerating model.
Command:"

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report